Follow us on Facebook Follow us on instagram
Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brake discs

Car
    Insignia Elite 1.8, Pomegranate, standard apart from Sino Smart V2 unit, LED interior bulbs & K&N.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by tens6 View Post
    Yeah, it's all relative. Bigger disc, bigger everything else. Well, I've had a few struggles along the way but I've done mine and it's safe to say these discs needed replacing, vibration or not . The most striking thing today though, was how big and heavy they are!
    I did the same as you, already had the Brembo pads from a deal EuroCarParts had a while ago & got the Brembo discs more recently when they had a 60% off deal, pair of front discs for my 1.8 Elite for under 80 delivered. Much better feel & no more vibration, pads needed replacing anyway. Only issue I have now is the front brakes now squeak when they're hot, despite me using copper grease! Oh well, have to have them apart again to give them a bit more grease I guess.

2. Likes tens6 liked
    Car
    2009 2.0 Turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kentishbloke View Post
    I did the same as you, already had the Brembo pads from a deal EuroCarParts had a while ago & got the Brembo discs more recently when they had a 60% off deal, pair of front discs for my 1.8 Elite for under 80 delivered. Much better feel & no more vibration, pads needed replacing anyway. Only issue I have now is the front brakes now squeak when they're hot, despite me using copper grease! Oh well, have to have them apart again to give them a bit more grease I guess.
    Nice, yeah mine was a good deal at Euro too. Feels nice now, just trying to run them in properly before they get abused
    Is the squealing not perhaps from brake dust? Do they make a lot of dust? Never tried them before

Car
    Insignia Elite 1.8, Pomegranate, standard apart from Sino Smart V2 unit, LED interior bulbs & K&N.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tens6 View Post
    Nice, yeah mine was a good deal at Euro too. Feels nice now, just trying to run them in properly before they get abused
    Is the squealing not perhaps from brake dust? Do they make a lot of dust? Never tried them before
    I don't think it's brake dust, I had only done a couple of hundred miles when it started, I had a similar issue when I changed the rear discs & pads for Brembo ones, had them apart & regreased & not heard a thing since.

I remember posting on the VectraC forum a few years ago when I put discounted discs on my old Vectra, some keyboard warrior claimed the discs & pads must be rubbish if they're discounted by so much, my pocket wasn't complaining & they looked & worked as they should, so happy days!

5. Likes tens6 liked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2