Low oil pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil pressure.

My warning message came on yesterday, saying turn the engine off.
    I ignored it cause I was on my way to work.
    This afternoon I drove a mile down the road and the engine revved up to the max and stayed revving when I took took the keys out.
    Luckily it stopped after a few seconds. There was smoke everywhere. Looked like stars in your eyes 🤦🏼*♂️

The mechanic nearby said it’s the turbo but most people are saying it’s the oil seal.

Is the car a write off?

Sounds like the engine has had it. Once the message comes up you are supposed to stop it immediately otherwise and in this case i feel it may be done serious damage

Comment

Year and milage please, what engine?
      Any previous services, any history?
      Have you got any fault codes? Can you scan it for codes?

Comment

Wouldn't of said it was a write off

FIL Mondeo did that last month, over rev with loads of smoke but stopped within seconds. Called RAC for recovery and as usual man sucked his teeth and said turbo and seals.

Got it to my dads (ex mechanic) and the only problem with it is dodgy injectors which over filled the oil. A quick slosh around whilst driving meant it was sucked up through the breather and the engine loved it!

Once the injectors are repaired and intake completely drained it should be all good as before.

Not saying yours will be the same, it may well be the turbo seals but providing you can't see a con-rod you may not have a write off

Comment

Possible reasons
          1) failed regens and the oil level has risen above max then as you have revved the car has gotten carried away and run on its own ( YouTube diesel runaway )
          2) dodgy injectors doing the same as above .
          Turbo seals would not cause that
          I've had a turbo go on me and all it did was make every car around me dissapear like some batman and robin thing ,
          Did not realise till I looked in rear view mirror
          Either way check oil level if above max then drain , change filter and oil then attempt a start up also. And sure engine turns over by hand before any of the above

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
            Wouldn't of said it was a write off

FIL Mondeo did that last month, over rev with loads of smoke but stopped within seconds. Called RAC for recovery and as usual man sucked his teeth and said turbo and seals.

Not saying yours will be the same, it may well be the turbo seals but providing you can't see a con-rod you may not have a write off
            Nice, but you have forgotten that we are taking about insignia here and their engine are crap due to bloody oil pump seal, dpf, swirl flaps etc

Dealers should give a warning when buying these cars, and advise owners to start savings money for the new one. Haha

Comment

Working...
            X