Matching vinyl wrap to VX colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching vinyl wrap to VX colour

Hi, I'm thinking of wrapping the chrome strips on the radiator grille to match the body colour (Lava Red), and would be interested
    1 on what other forum members think of the idea, and
    2 where to source a good colour match vinyl
    Any ideas?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190507_155700.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	249055
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

dont think it would suit it the same colour but black may certainly make it look more aggressive

take it to a local wrapper by you and see what they have in any wastage that looks a close match, you may find the odd piece big enough to cover them, they maybe throwing off-cuts away...

Comment

this looks good
      https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...inyl-wrap-help!

Comment

I know its a facelift,but this is painted,not wrapped

Name:	44088265_10155798777675869_4451573193865428992_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	243157
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hmm, maybe I should try Photoshopping it red and black before committing to it...
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Rethink on the grille vinyl wrap following the above comments, also seeing the 'exclusive' models VX are pushing out de-chrome the grille and front fog lights with black:

Name:	Screenshot_20190520_103559.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	243178 (shame about that horrible colour!) Looks like they also run the body colour across the lower front spoiler.
            So I've ordered some matt black vinyl wrap, will post pics when I've done it
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Just seen this, will definitely be de-chroming the grille and fog lamps on my SRi soon...

Name:	5403e5123aa445a497a552d4171e499f.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	243381
              And maybe de-badging the side panels and tailgate too. We shall see....
              Last edited by PeteH; 19-07-2019, 12:06 AM.
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
              X