Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring dvd head rests

hi all

installing my dvd head rests the weekend, with regards to the wiring i have a cigerette lighter at the rear of my car is it possible to splis into this for the power for the head rests if i fuse each power feed from each of the dvds? any help much appericated

That's where I took the feed for mine from
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

did you have to put a fuse on them or did you not bother?

also was it just earth and live cables that were wired into the lighter? ro did you have to grond it else were?

Comment

Used the positive and negative from the 12v plug,,and I'm sure there's fuses further up the loom of the wiring harness
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

right ok cheers for that.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Used the positive and negative from the 12v plug,,and I'm sure there's fuses further up the loom of the wiring harness
            just a quick question thet ciggy lighter doesnt have a perment live feed does it?

only working off ignition?

Comment

Originally posted by emmamatt38 View Post
              just a quick question thet ciggy lighter doesnt have a perment live feed does it?

only working off ignition?
              Switched live mate

Comment

cool cheers mate. at least it will keep the kids happy while on the way down to cornwall next weekend

Comment

cool cheers mate. at least it will keep the kids happy while on the way down to cornwall next weekend
                  Only drawback is....if you need to stop..ie for fuel,you leave the ignition on the 1st click,,when you restart the car,for a split second,the 12v sockets lose their power,and the DVD goes back to the beginning

Comment

Only drawback is....if you need to stop..ie for fuel,you leave the ignition on the 1st click,,when you restart the car,for a split second,the 12v sockets lose their power,and the DVD goes back to the beginning
                    very true!!

would that also be the case with the stop and start ?

Comment

very true!!

would that also be the case with the stop and start ?
                      Not sure tbh

Comment

thought there was a "how to" with pictures on how to install somwhere

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
                          thought there was a "how to" with pictures on how to install somwhere
                          There was one that russ holt had done put I cant find the thread for it. Is seems to have vanished some how

Comment

Not sure tbh
                            Daft question but do I have disconnect the battery before wiring the power from the DVDs to the siggy lighter or is there no power to it at all unless the ignition is on?

Comment

Daft question but do I have disconnect the battery before wiring the power from the DVDs to the siggy lighter or is there no power to it at all unless the ignition is on?
                              No mate,,key out of ignition will do

Comment

Working...
                              X