Upgrading boot lamps in GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading boot lamps in GS

OK, so 2 weeks into ownership and I'm frustrated with my boot resembling the black hole of Calcutta. So I've bought some led striplights and intend to stick them under the parcel shelf supports on either side of the tailgate compartment. However, I'll need to connect to the existing lamp fitting and therefore need to disconnect the feed whilst I'm doing it. Does anyone know where the switch is located that turns it on when the tailgate is opened (or which fuse I should remove to disconnect while I'm doing the work)?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
    OK, so 2 weeks into ownership and I'm frustrated with my boot resembling the black hole of Calcutta. So I've bought some led striplights and intend to stick them under the parcel shelf sports on either side of the tailgate compartment. However, I'll need to connect to the existing lamp fitting and therefore need to disconnect the feed whilst I'm doing it. Does anyone know where the switch is located that turns it on when the tailgate is opened (or which fuse I should remove to disconnect while I'm doing the work)?
    Do believe you can switch off on switch near map lights etc. Or just leave boot open until they time out and switch off.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Cheers Matt, I'll let you know how I get on (and post before/after photos)
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Bought these from eBay, about a fiver for four.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190518_170140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	243164
        Tested for brightness and boy they're bright 😎, so I figured I'd only need two. Today I removed the tailgate lighting unit, stuck one of the LEDs to the underside of the parcel shelf support and to be honest it's so bright in there now I can't be arsed to run a cable to the other side to install a second one.
        Before:

Name:	IMG_20190518_161732.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	243165
        After:

Name:	IMG_20190518_165836.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	243166

Job done.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Nice, better than mine and I ran the cables
          But I got 10 for under a £10 and still have 6 left .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
          X