insignia 2015 sri vx 1.6 cdti drinking too much fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insignia 2015 sri vx 1.6 cdti drinking too much fuel

hi my car is drinking so much diesel i put in £55 pound diesel and got 300 miles the is not smoking ddrives fine just dont know what it can be or is this normal ??
    p.s and 200 were motoway miles

Works out at about 33.5mpg. Sounds low but depends on many things.

DPF regens?

Lead boots?

Heavy use of aircon?

Carrying lots of stuff in the boot, or full load of passengers?

Heading into a strong headwind or up a lot of gradients?

Were you 'pressing on' at 80-90mph?

How long have you had the car and how long has it been giving alleged poor mpg?

How does it compare to previous cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Korum View Post
      hi my car is drinking so much diesel i put in £55 pound diesel and got 300 miles the is not smoking ddrives fine just dont know what it can be or is this normal ??
      p.s and 200 were motoway miles
      That's about 32.8 mpg. How hard are you driving it. That's at £1.32 lt.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Have you checked the tyre pressures? That seems to make a lot of difference

Comment

Thks to you all for your response
          I wasnt driving fast I was keeping from 70-80 mph and I dont think it may be dpf just say that because there dont seem to be any lag or limp the tyres are brand new I've only had the car 2 months but not driving it due to still got my old car

Comment

Originally posted by Korum View Post
            Thks to you all for your response
            I wasnt driving fast I was keeping from 70-80 mph and I dont think it may be dpf just say that because there dont seem to be any lag or limp the tyres are brand new I've only had the car 2 months but not driving it due to still got my old car
            ive had this issue, thank god it was under warranty i had the egr valve electrical system wasnt working so they changed it and fuel economy was much better.

Comment

Working...
            X