Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS Fault on Dash

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 65 plate insigina 2l sport tourer from a local used car showroom. After picking up the car a few days later, the drive felt very harsh. Playing with the info management system I found the TPMS feature and seen the fronts wear 41 psi and the rears 44 psi. This was increasing during the recent hot spell quite significantly. A lot higher than I would like to run them (18in btw). I returned to the garage and they found the reading on the compressor gauge to actually be over 50psi both front and back! They apologized and said the car shouldn't have gone out like that. Fair enough.

The mechanic corrected these to around 35psi all around which I was happy with. However the mechanic reduced the pressure with the engine still running, which i have now found out to be a no-no. As I'm driving home, a few miles down the road I get the dreaded dash light come up. The light is still on 15 miles later when I get home. After a quick google to educate myself on the TPMS, I stick some more air in myself (engine off) go for a 10 min drive and the light goes out. Sorted!

Nope! This morning upon starting the engine the light has returned with the TPMS highlighting the left rear as the problem. The pressure is actually fine and is reading the same as the others. I've driven 17.5 miles, mstly motorway miles to work and it hasn't cleared itself? Any suggestions?

Is there anyway to reset this system? I believe this is actually a MOT failure if not corrected? And really annoying.

My old VW had a button in the glove box which reset the system after amending air pressures but it seems this vauxhall system is all automatic?

Thanks,

What settings do you have them on, light, eco etc. On mine you can flick through the options and that clears the light.

Also mine was fine until I messed with pressures, then rear passenger loses 3-5 psi per week. Funny last week upped it to 35 and it's not lost anything yet.

Was running mine 32 fronts, 30 rears.
    Now I'm about 35 all round.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

How do I change the setting (light, eco,loaded etc)? I've seen this on YouTube tutorials but I don't seem to have that feature available on mine. From what i can gather this is an automatic system and detects the increase in pressure on the rears for instance for a heavy load.

I think I will try to increase the pressures a bit more, I think the problem could be that the values are not very accurate so is showing as under inflated. My compressor and the garage were both reading 35psi but the TPMS is hsowing 30/31.

Comment

Well on mine it's in options, scroll to tyres settings.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Well on mine it's in options, scroll to tyres settings.
          I don't have any options to toggle through once at the TPMS. Its only visual or go back to menu.

Comment

Options in main menu I meant to say. Where you change it from info to audio, phone etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Options in main menu I meant to say. Where you change it from info to audio, phone etc etc.
              Ah ok I might be looking in the wrong place then. i'll have a look at lunch time

Comment

Yeah you can't change the load at the tpms screen. Move down from infor to options and toggle...you'll find tyre load in there.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  Yeah you can't change the load at the tpms screen. Move down from infor to options and toggle...you'll find tyre load in there.
                  that would make sense, i've not had chance to have a good look around all the options yet. But will have a play later. Sounds like I should be able to sort it for the info you guys have given. Cheers

Comment

Mine starts at around 37 and increases to 40/41 on motorway. This is on the high range (eco) setting. I did have it on comfort last summer (lowering pressure accordingly) and the ride was much improved, the system (my car is same age as OP) is most likely same system and is very unreliable with it flagging up flat tyres at random times (usually a rear one) then 2 to 3 mile further its all ok again. Its so bad that I just ignore it now which defeats its purpose. I purchased a £100 tool to check sensors and the state of sensor batteries and every sensor is working perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                      ......very unreliable with it flagging up flat tyres at random times (usually a rear one) then 2 to 3 mile further its all ok again. Its so bad that I just ignore it now which defeats its purpose. I purchased a £100 tool to check sensors and the state of sensor batteries and every sensor is working perfect.
                      I had a 2013 Astra mk6 Bi-Turbo and the TPMS regularly misbehaved on that, usually the rear tyres which are furthest from the receiver. Looking at the dash display would show '--' for one or both rear tyres.

I had a suspicion that strong wifi/radio/mobile or other signals emitted by nearby vehicles, buildings, lorry depots/lorry parks or transmitters was confusing or drowning out the signal from the TPMS sensors.

I currently have a 2012 Insignia, had it a few years now but never had a TPMS warning. No problems with the 2016 Viva's TPMS either.

Comment

Working...
                      X