Broken Boot on hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Boot on hatchback

Hello, I’m new here. I have an Insignia 2.0 2012 reg - the boot won’t open at all.
    I know I can open it from from the inside - or at least there’s a video to show this. However I would like to replace it properly. How do I do that?

Hello and Herzlich Willkommen to this DIY episode of ThatGermanGuy.We are going to show you today how to replace / repair a common fault on later Vauxhall an...
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I had an intermittent problem with my previous insignia, where the boot wouldn't open. I bought a replacement switch from eBay for about Ł6, then found a YouTube video by thatgermanguy showing how to fit (necessitated taking off the internal trim on the tailgate and the chrome trim). The whole job took maybe 30 minutes.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys and the video. Have seen it, all seems pretty easy. Will give it a go #

Comment

Welcome, it really is that easy

Comment

Hi,
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I even was able to remove the switch without removing the trim. But that might be only possible if the switch was already replaced before as the wires might be too short original.

Comment

Working...
                X