Hi people new on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi people new on here

Hi people I’ve been looking back and forward at the threads for a few months now for help with problems and pointers on moving forward.

I bought my 2014 Insignia SRI 2.0 CDTI 5 door hatch just over a year ago and kept it standard for the first year and have started modifying and adding my own little personal touches over the past month or two.

I’ve got 20” rims just fitted a couple of weeks ago and obviously it’s sitting faaaaar too high and am looking for ideas about suspension. Being the facelift model I’m struggling to find suitable springs or coilovers to do 2014-onwards, everything I find seems to be prefacelift.

Any input and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stevie

Welcome

Something like these:
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

same springs ,,facelift,and pre,,just make sure theyre for the hatch,,as the hatch and estates use different springs
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes that looks like them, cheers 👍🏻👍🏻

Originally posted by Howy View Post

Comment

Ok thanks mate.

I’ve spoke to a couple of companies selling pre facelift springs and they were saying they couldn’t guarantee they’d be the same and would fit.

Comment

Welcome.

As exclusiv says.... exactly the same suspension....but model specific...hatch, estate etc.

Comment

Also is it true the SRI came standard with lowered suspension??

The for meaning the drop on any springs I get will be basically halved in difference?
              Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Welcome.

As exclusiv says.... exactly the same suspension....but model specific...hatch, estate etc.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieArchy View Post
                Also is it true the SRI came standard with lowered suspension??

The for meaning the drop on any springs I get will be basically halved in difference?
                Yes....I believe the SRI is 15mm lower than than the standard insignia

Comment

Really?! That means really I’m gonna need coilovers to close the wheel arch gap 🤔
                  Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Yes....I believe the SRI is 15mm lower than than the standard insignia

Comment

Originally posted by StevieArchy View Post
                    Really?! That means really I’m gonna need coilovers to close the wheel arch gap ��
                    Personally I'd buy a decent set of shockers like bilstein b6 and h&r springs.

Buying coilovers can be expensive for the right set up.
                    If you purchase cheap ones, then they'll only last for so long.
                    Last edited by RBH; 22-05-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                        X