• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia SRI Turbo 2009

Hi gents,

got question about gearbox for Insignia SRI turbo 2.0 petrol
    can i suit any gear box on this one ?

Hello Wick I would stick to what is already in there , due to the gear ratios being matched to the engine , and more robust unit .
    It's the F40 box on that one .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

so F40 right? im just looking for new gearbox as i got problems with 3rd gear synchromesh
      but can i fit from diesel vehicle in to petrol vehicle gearbox?

where you can see which gearbox you got ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wick View Post
        Hi gents,

got question about gearbox for Insignia SRI turbo 2.0 petrol
        can i suit any gear box on this one ?
        Hi, do you mean Manual/Auto or F40/M32? If the latter, I stand corrected but I think it only mates with an F40. I wouldn't really want to put an M32 on there even if you could

Comment

well i got 6 gears manual

Comment

As standard, they have manual or auto F40. Like we said earlier, best box(if any other could be fitted, which I doubt) the F40 is the right box.

Comment

Diesel and petrol both the same

Comment

My Elite 1.6 Turbo has the M32 box.
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

The 2.0T though was only fitted with an F40 or AF40(Auto). There was another box, the 6T70 but I think that was only for the American market.

Comment

160 cdti has F40 so that's a direct replacement.
                    What sort of problem have you got with 3rd gear ? Dose it crunch or wine ? Or is it just difficult to engage? If the latter then could require cable adjustment .has the gearbox oil been changed at all ? .we use to suggest if difficult to engage gears then change the oil and use either redline or Fuchs as a replacement but only put in 1.8 ltr as they were known for poor selection of gears if filled to correct spec (2.2 to 2.4 ltr )
                    Just a thaught .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Not sure if there is any difference but some Vectras have F40s too but obviously would ideally be better to get it from a same model to avoid any problems. As lizzard says though, try the cheaper options first, could be a simple fix.

Comment

Have a read of this, might be food for thought

Comment

There is a difference in end reduction, check this site

Comment

Good find Ernst .

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

with 3rd gear i got something like crunch i would same like metal rubbing metal sound but still able to get in gear and use it but at some point i had couple times that 3rd gear jumps out and leaving me on neutral while using accelerator and i wasnt using clutch while it happened

Comment

Working...
                              X