Still missing ,diesel leak off test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still missing ,diesel leak off test

Still no further with my missing issue, done a diesel leak off test and wondering if anyone else has done one as could only manage to run the test for 2 minutes on tick over as the fill pots were half full, can anyone tell me if this is right or something else can cause diesel back threw the return pipes , cheers

I did one on a meriva. Two minutes is fine. Was there any difference in the amount in the pots ??

Comment

Hi yes lowest 65 highest 75 ,, only asking as everything you read on internet says run for about 5 minutes with revs , tuck over etc, and there pots are hardly filled , my pots would have been overflowing by then cheers

Comment

You take off the return pipes , plug them
        Connect your bottles to the return on each injector
        Run car for 2 mins. At idle, turn off and see how full the bottles are .
        If all the same then injectors are ok if one is higher ( 10% difference ) then that's a bad injector .
        Check colour of diesel in bottles ( dose it look right colour ?)
        If all above ok .then you can try to pinpoint which cylinder by running engine and pulling off plug to each injector in turn to see if it try's to stall .
        I seem to remember you posted another thread about your car missing .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi , yes haveing nothing but trouble with it , , no fault codes or lights on dash , been told injectors by people guessing , cheers

Comment

What sort of code reader are you using ?
            Have you still got white smoke coming out of the exhaust?

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I had it tested by 2 mobile mechanics one was a laptop and the other just a hand held device , wouldn't no what they was but nothing on any and both said replace injectors , I think the cause of the white smoke is were was advised to fill with redex , and only a little so very hard to tell now if redex or engine , wasn't doing it before redex went in cheers

Comment

Not the readers said replace injectors the mechanics said start with that

Comment

So as you say they are just guessing , have you tried as posted above running the engine and disconnecting the wiring plug to each injector in turn If there is no change , then that's the cylinder where the problem lies ,
                  I'm not saying it's injectors but as above it will pinpoint which cylinder is at fault .
                  When did this start ? . Was there anything unusual happening leading up to it ? .
                  Just one thaught you could have an air leak on the induction side .( ie inlet manifold )
                  Try spraying some WD40 around the inlet side as the car is running , if there is a change in the running of the car then it may help diagnose the fault .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Seems to me nearly every mechanic guesses these days if no fault codes or lights, another one yesterday sounds like timing is out and belt jumped , so will have a look tomorrow and try wd40 , nothing wierd happens just put some diesel in , half hour later completely missing , not drivable no power what so ever , be nice if could upload a video of engine running

Comment

Working...
                    X