Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Upgrade on Factory Unit

Hey Guys,

Went through a lot of posts and I have more less an idea on how to approach it but would appreciate a bit of guidance.
    Long story short - just scrapped my old first car in which I had fitted Pioneer 2 din stereo with build in amplifier and connected underseat subwoofer from BassFace.
    Now got my Insignia 2015 and the sound is... flat and disappointing. I was originally planning to fit my aftermarket stereo from old car but it doesn't seem to be possible as climate controls are in the way and didn't see any fascia kits for 2015.
    As disappointing as it is with the build in gps and not having android auto and other nice things now, I am planning to at least upgrade audio.
    My sub is active and has a high signal input. I am looking into buying Pioneer amplifier with high input too, so that I can wire it to the oem stereo and swap speakers for something a bit better.
    Now to my knowledge I need to access a connector behind right side storage compartment and take signal from there, connect to amplifier and from there back to the speaker. Does it sound right?
    If so, my concern is that I will end up with two amplifiers, each four channels (subwoofer takes all 4 channels and bridges them). Do I just split each channel and wire both subwoofer and extra amplifier? I think the amplifiers would have high impedance input so logically should not overload my stereo but I prefer to ask. Did someone do it already? Any experience?
    Also, I would like to avoid cutting cables, any way to get a connectors to take signal out and put back to speakers?

Halfords sell Amps that can plug directly into the cars wiring so no splicing required.

Not sure if they can run a sub though. I’m sure someone with better knowledge or experience will be along soon to help you out [emoji4].

Comment

I fitted a sub/amp unit in boot, just splice into rear speakers under dash and run a fused supply from battery. Sounds OK for what it is. Suppose depends what you want, mine is already having an adverse effect on my hearing, but I do like the nice clear bass thud .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        I fitted a sub/amp unit in boot, just splice into rear speakers under dash and run a fused supply from battery. Sounds OK for what it is. Suppose depends what you want, mine is already having an adverse effect on my hearing, but I do like the nice clear bass thud .
        Where under the dash is the speaker wires found?

Comment

Mine looks like this

Sent fra min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

Comment

Drivers side under little pull down

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Drivers side under little pull down
              That is my driver's side

Sent fra min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

Comment

My Subwoofer takes 4 channels, so I can split all of them between the amplifier and active subwoofer, thanks.
                Any idea if I can get male and female matching connector to plug into existing ones rather than cutting cables? I would then take signal out, pass it to amp/sub, then back to existing connector from where it would go to speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X