AFL full beam assist not workng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL full beam assist not workng

It has been working since I got the car a few months ago but not now. I there a setting I could have changed.?

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
    It has been working since I got the car a few months ago but not now. I there a setting I could have changed.?
    Is the green light showing on dash?

If not its switched off, it's just a double flick on stalk with lights on that turns it on and off.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Is the green light showing on dash?

If not its switched off, it's just a double flick on stalk with lights on that turns it on and off.
      Is that it Matt, I think I may have turned it off when cleaning the car then. for the reply.

Comment

I thought you had to be doing a certain speed before you could activate it.!!!
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
          I thought you had to be doing a certain speed before you could activate it.!!!
          IIRC over 25mph
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Activation

[content_img/imgd12c3ed2ed724ce9c0a801ea00de2ad8_2_--_--_PNG_MQ]

The high beam assist is activated by pushing the indicator lever twice with a speed above 25 mph.

The green control indicator l illuminates continuously when the assist is activated, the blue one 7 illuminates when high beam is on.

Control indicator l High beam .

Deactivation

Push indicator lever once. It is also deactivated when front fog lights are switched on.

If a headlight flash is activated when the high beam is on, the high beam assist will be deactivated.

If a headlight flash is activated when the high beam is off, the high beam assist will remain activated.

The latest setting of the high beam assist will be stored after the ignition is switched on again.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

In my opinion, on a '12 Biturbo SRI its the most poorly developed and possibly stupid piece of technology installed in an insignia. Certainly the software on my '12 Biturbo is. With me, Its in Constant off mode. Its fine on motorway and good 'N' roads but on anything else its worse than useless, made worse by when you try to override it via the stalk, after being flashed by oncoming traffic, its a constant off/on battle. Rue the 2 second rule on it.

Comment

Strange works perfect on mine, even hilly windy roads. Yet a mates Astra he says same as you. I wonder if it needs the sensor setting up?

Sometimes it switches off with reflection from chevrons in bends but other than that works great and a lot quicker than I can respond.

Comment

Yup it may be the software on mine. The override via the stalk just makes it worse. If you manually intervene whilst driving its a pain to avoid blinding the oncoming driver as you 'dip' the 'computer' puts mains on. At least on the FL it is not switched on/off via the stalk. Not noticed the same issue on the wife's 163 elite. I would not swap my BiTurbo for any other, the FlexRide system is ridiculous, you have to drive a car with it to appreciate it. When I drive the wife's elite it feels like the shocks are broken, it is that good. Its a cracking car with a few minor flaws. (PS. I intend to trade for a VW Biturbo in a few months, the new Insignia is just not doing it for me, too far behind the diesel curve.)

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    Activation

[content_img/imgd12c3ed2ed724ce9c0a801ea00de2ad8_2_--_--_PNG_MQ]

The high beam assist is activated by pushing the indicator lever twice with a speed above 25 mph.

The green control indicator l illuminates continuously when the assist is activated, the blue one 7 illuminates when high beam is on.

Control indicator l High beam .

Deactivation

Push indicator lever once. It is also deactivated when front fog lights are switched on.

If a headlight flash is activated when the high beam is on, the high beam assist will be deactivated.

If a headlight flash is activated when the high beam is off, the high beam assist will remain activated.

The latest setting of the high beam assist will be stored after the ignition is switched on again.
                    Great info Matt.

Comment

All sorted guys working a treat last night. Cheers for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
                        All sorted guys working a treat last night. Cheers for all the info.
                        Nice [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                        X