Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY 59 ...Elite diesel ...... 220500+ Miles Engine trouble free .......except for the usal Brake Discs , Pads , back wheel bearings , 2 back shocks, passenger side shaft. . New timing belt at 109, 000 and 187, 000 miles Oil Pickup seal at 187, 000 Miles . Passed MOT .....2 weeks ago ......with one advisory ..... Scored Front discs. As i have another car ....i only use this car mostly on the motorway. Still tons of mileage left in her as car has no resale value.

Comment

......and complete Clutch , Dual Mass Flywheel at about 115 000 miles

Comment

MY63 has done 58,000 miles, just run in, bought with 39,000 18 months ago. Can't speak for the first owner but I've had not a bit of trouble. Apart from normal servicing, I've replaced the Cam belt water pump and tensioner at 5 years. new discs and pads on the front, new pads on back, all expendables. Had someone run into my rear but that don't count.
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

My 63 plate ST this week had all the 6s---66666 on the clock--running like a dream --no complaints from me---Dave

Comment

2010 2L diesel on 143k, no major issues so far *touch wood*

I'm holding out till about 160K to do the timing belt and water pump. I'm planning on keeping this one until she breathes her last, next stop 200k!

Comment

Only 87711, I’ve had her 18 months with 71555

Comment

Just bought mine last week, 77500 miles on a 2013 2.0 CDTi ecoflex NAV.

Drives well and no issues I can see, just had wheels balanced to hopefully remove a vibration at high speed and while doing so I was advised to change pads and discs although nothing mentioned on MOT last week, not sure if that was just looking for business but I am sure ill do them at some point.

No belt/pump change yet so I will do that before the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee-CDTi 160 View Post
                  Just bought mine last week, 77500 miles on a 2013 2.0 CDTi ecoflex NAV.

No belt/pump change yet so I will do that before the end of the year.
                  I changed mine at 5 years old, less than 50,000. The age of a belt is as important as the number of miles the motor has covered. You should look to change them a.s.a.p.
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Mines done 125k changed the belt for the first time this year. Thought it was a chain like my old Vectra which had 220k on it when I sold it. You'd think VX might have mentioned to me it needed a cam belt at 50k and at every subsequent service since, it was only after a bloke at work mentioned it I thought I'd better look into it 😜

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Acid View Post
                      Mines done 125k changed the belt for the first time this year. Thought it was a chain like my old Vectra which had 220k on it when I sold it. You'd think VX might have mentioned to me it needed a cam belt at 50k and at every subsequent service since, it was only after a bloke at work mentioned it I thought I'd better look into it ��
                      Is the Vetra Chain Driven???? The MY63 Insignia time belt change interval is 100,000 or five years, whichever comes first.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

My 2014 has 51k on it.
                        I bought it a year past in February with 47k on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                          I though it might be nice to have a list of how many miles your Insignia has done. We normally only read about the once that doesn’t do that many miles, might be good to have list so that we also see how many miles are possible
                          I will start :
                          Diesel:
                          2009 160 ps automatic : 199335 miles / 320800 km. Only EGR cooler leakage.
                          Your doing well and long may it continue.
                          2012 Biturbo Manual 302000kms 188000miles. 4 flexride shocks (changed all 4 after 1 rear leaked), clutch/flywheel and the oil pick up seal plus drive shafts.
                          The front and rear near side bushes are noticeably looser than offside so you must be feeling the same. Still pulls like a train though.

Comment

Hi guys.

Bought a 60 plate 2.0 cdti exclusiv last week and it was at 69000

Looking to change a lot of how it looks over the next few months and hopefully keep hold of it until it breathes its last breath haha.

Comment

83325 miles, 2011 plate 2.0 Sri.

Had mine a couple of years now, passed the MOT this morning, with an advisory that my front discs are about ready for changing, and the rear pads will also need changing when i do the fronts..
                              but that's not a problem, its classed as general wear and tear.
                              Chris

Comment

Mines done 60000 had it 4 years ,had to change coil pack ,coolant bottle , luggage switch ,gear box bearings ,clutch, dmf and rocker cover ,and general stuff 2 tyres and rear pads ,apart from that it's been perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X