F40 oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 oil change

Finally I could be bothered to change the transmission oil. Tried to do it without removing the battery tray as the weather kept threatening . Was more work but far easier without it in the end, especially the force needed to budge that ******* of a filler plug.....had me cursing and sweating. Seems it had about 2.4l in but I filled it to 1.8l as recommended(pls ignore the pink funnel, all I could find in a hurry today [emoji849]). Was a little black, so feel better now it's done [emoji106].

While I'm here, does anybody know where the hole on this battery strap should be attached to? I haven't a clue because it was just tucked under the battery with nowhere obvious to go.

Thanks

Fitted around the battery terminal,good job done.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Fitted around the battery terminal,good job done.
      Thanks, I did think that but wouldn't reach so perhaps the battery is bigger. I was in a rush because the black clouds were rolling in, so I might have another look

Comment

Working...
      X