No announcement yet.

The future of the Insignia under PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the look of the 508, especially the estate, from the outside but not so keen on the dash\inside :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	12-peugeot-508-2018-rt-dashboard_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	243868

Really dont like the steering wheel or the little silver buttons under the big infotaintment screen. Also that big swath of pretend carbon fibre between the display and the speedo etc looks like it was a bit of afterthought to fill in the big hole!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
      ... if the Insignia is getting that ugly new nose, I won't be getting one of those!!
      I think you're focusing too much on the Buick styling, it really isn't that different from the current Insignia. Or, you could always buy a very low mileage second hand Insignia like I did. That way, you save a wad of cash and keep with the pre-facelift front end
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Also need to consider,.. the 508 starts a over £26k,... the Insignia, just over £20k. Massive difference.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          I think you're focusing too much on the Buick styling, it really isn't that different from the current Insignia. Or, you could always buy a very low mileage second hand Insignia like I did. That way, you save a wad of cash and keep with the pre-facelift front end
          I always buy 6 months old - hopefully, some european tweaks will be done,.. have to wait and see rally, but that is pig ugly. However, a house move might force me to keep this car now quite a bit longer.... which wouldn't be a bad thing

Comment

Whereabouts are you? If you're within striking distance, I can recommend Clark's of Ripon, they have a great stock of low mileage insignias, mine had 1700 miles on it at a year old. .https://www.clarkmotorcompany.co.uk/...orth-yorkshire
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Whereabouts are you? If you're within striking distance, I can recommend Clark's of Ripon, they have a great stock of low mileage insignias, mine had 1700 miles on it at a year old. .https://www.clarkmotorcompany.co.uk/...orth-yorkshire
              My Insingia currently is a 2018,.. so will be 3 years before I change. I always end up travelling, this one I bought from Worksop and I live near Hull

Comment

Oh blimey, if you're talking about 2 or 3 years hence you'll probably be looking at self-driving electric-powered boxes with no kerb appeal whatsoever!
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Oh blimey, if you're talking about 2 or 3 years hence you'll probably be looking at self-driving electric-powered boxes with no kerb appeal whatsoever!
                  might just get a helicopter

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-jetsons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	243875
                    When I was a kid, I thought by 2020 we'd be using these
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

For those interested in the jigsaw puzzle that is PSA-FCA, here's a really absorbing article: https://www.autocar.co.uk/slideshow/...fca-psa-merger
                      Who knows whether the Insignia and 508 can co-exist?
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

For those interested in the jigsaw puzzle that is PSA-FCA, here's a really absorbing article: https://www.autocar.co.uk/slideshow/...fca-psa-merger
                        Who knows whether the Insignia and 508 can co-exist?
                        Yes, it has already been suggested in my local paper that there is going to be competition across all segments made even more likely now that FCA have joined the party.

There are bound to be winners and losers. One point worth noting is that Carlos Tavares, CEO at PSA, used to be Number 2 at Renault when they were working on the alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi. Clearly Renault have been calling the shots in that Alliance, and the same may happen to Opel/Vauxhall and FCA with PSA in charge.

Comment

Latest news of 2020 facelift: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxha...-tech-for-2020
                          To me, the grille looks very similar, don't see any more chrome than existing apart from the grille surround (which I think is already on the VX line and above), reversing camera with cross traffic warning was already available as an option (my 2018 has it), and it's not clear whether the 'new' LED headlamps will be across the full range. Still, at least they've copied marko301's twin exhaust fake tail pipe look (which, by the way, I think looks great). The door mirrors also seem to be black, but again not sure if this is across the range.
                          Last edited by PeteH; 04-12-2019, 08:34 AM.
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

was just about to post this myself,.. feeling much better with this now,.. hopefully won't be far off this at all... unfortunately,.. STILL has side repeaters rather than door mirror ones

Comment

Latest news of 2020 facelift: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxha...-tech-for-2020
                              To me, the grille looks very similar, don't see any more chrome than existing apart from the grille surround (which I think is already on the VX line and above), reversing camera with cross traffic warning was already available as an option (my 2018 has it), and it's not clear whether the 'new' LED headlamps will be across the full range. Still, at least they've copied marko301's twin exhaust fake tail pipe look (which, by the way, I think looks great). The door mirrors also seem to be black, but again not sure if this is across the range.
                              Elite has the chrome grille surround, my VXLine is black

Comment

The lights won't be across the range...they'll be Elite spec and paid option only like always. The twin pipe trim was already on the grand tourer when it had the vx line trim so all they've done there is incorporate it into the hatch spec.

Changes are nice but not overly leaving the Insignia B pre facelift behind. I wonder if it's gonna have the PSA version of OnStar...
                                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                                X