Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of the Insignia under PSA

The following from Automotive News:

Another key driver of the turnaround was quickly moving to PSA architectures from GM platforms. Under GM, Opel had nine platforms; under PSA, it will have just two within a few years.

Ten engine families are being reduced to four, Lohscheller said.

"That's a massive complexity reduction with huge, huge benefits," he said.

GM-engineered models such as the Adam minicar are being phased out. Among the PSA-based models to come in the next 18 months are the next-generation Corsa small hatchback, Opel's perennial best-seller, and Mokka small utility vehicle, another strong seller.

No mention of the Insignia, but there again I bought a Huawei phone in December, so nothing surprises me any more....
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Saw a Peugeot 508 at lunchtime and if the new Insignia looks a bit like that its not the worst thing, quite a pleasant looking car to be honest.

Comment

The Insignia is a big selling fleet car. I shouldn't imagine it will disappear any time soon. As lovely as the Peugeot 508 looks, I don't think it sells like the Insignia brand. I reckon their next 508 will also have a few cosmetic changes and an Insignia badge so they have an equivalent to sell in the fleet market.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

The Peugeot 508 always ages fast, and this one is doing already. The Grandsport has judged it well, I wasn't convinced at first, but in the flesh they are such a stunning car. All who have seen mine or been in it are full of compliments and amazed it's actually a VX - I'm probably the only one who thinks the Peugeot is just average.

Comment

Another article HERE

Although it is rather dated, it does outline the options available to PSA, in terms of what may be built and where.

Comment

Paywalled!
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Seen this?
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

One on YouTube doesnt look very good

Comment

Originally posted by Buyak View Post
                  One on YouTube doesnt look very good
                  It just shows the GS with camouflaged front and rear lights - in what way "not very good"?
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    It just shows the GS with camouflaged front and rear lights - in what way "not very good"?
                    Front lights are much softer looking and rear lights are massive. Waaay too big.. It does look good from side though

Comment

Tbh, I don't think the lights are any bigger than the existing model, maybe the blacked out sections on bodywork make the fronts look different?
                      Last edited by PeteH; 29-07-2019, 10:36 PM.
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

I understand that the cosmetic changes front and rear are purely to bring it in line with the other new Vauxhalls being developed under PSA stewardship, especially at the front with re-profiled headlamps and grille, and an updated infotainment system.

Significant changes will surely follow in due course on transfer to the PSA EMP2 platform.

Comment

the car is mildly camouflaged, so the rear lights,.. to me, look very much the same. Might be some sublte change there, but they certainly are not bigger - the front bumper, is a mask, it isn't what will be on the revised model

Comment

I bet PSA can't carry on with the Matrix LED lights either
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I saw an article stating that the Nurbergring footage was of a 1.6 PSA power unit, but now can't find the article!
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X