Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunk while driving following oil pick up seal change

Hi

Did the oil pick up seal change over the weekend. What a job that was. knew what to expect but when you actually have to take everything off and its all as tight as .... was trying to hulk out on it and normally still wouldn't move.

anyway, all back together but now I get clunks while driving. its difficult to pin down as sometimes does it over bumps, sometimes not.
    sometime while coasting, other times under power.

im thinking inner Cv joint as was sloppy when I took driveshaft out but this was actually one of the few things that was easy to get out so I didn't put any force on it that should have made it any worse than it was.

I am also now thinking it could be the shock mount as once I took the tracking rod off the hub didn't want to stay in the middle and would flick full left or right due to the roll bar drop link. could this have damaged the shock mount?
    from what I can tell on TayouTroy video on the seal replacement video he didn't seem to have this shock full left/right issue.

anyway, just thought I would ask what your thoughts are.

thanks

Try tightening the drive shaft end that goes into the hub

Comment

Hi

thanks I will be checking that again.
      I did drop it back on the wheel at the time to make sure I go it tight but I guess it could have pushed in more when actually driving.

Comment

turns out it was the inner CV joint.
        replaced the driveshaft and issue was fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X