Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart motorway speed Cameras

Hi all.

Driving to work this morning my normal route down the 62 I came for the junction for the m6. Cones were out but no sign for speedage that I could see. At this point there's a vairible speed limit gantry but no speed was displayed.

I was doing 60 and the thing flashed me. There was also a car Infront of me doing the same speed.

I'm guessing the area was a 50 but I have no way of knowing.

I guess I'm about to get a wrist slap for speeding?

maybe go back round and get somebody to photograph the signage showing no speed limit advisory... I have never contested a speed fine before. i have never been busted by one of those so far, just a stationery van in a layby once and he had me fair and square..

Comment

You could be OK if there were no limit. After reading many a thread on PH and SP&L they can flash for multiple reasons really.... (or so people have said!!)

A limit comes in to force as you pass - flash flash
      A self testing thing and just flashes randomly - flash flash
      You were actually speeding - flash flash

For the top 2 you won't get a ticket :P

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
        You could be OK if there were no limit. After reading many a thread on PH and SP&L they can flash for multiple reasons really.... (or so people have said!!)

A limit comes in to force as you pass - flash flash
        A self testing thing and just flashes randomly - flash flash
        You were actually speeding - flash flash

For the top 2 you won't get a ticket :P
        I hope so. There was my car and a car Infront which I was matching the speed of the car Infront. I felt it flashed a little early as I must have just been directly below it as it went off. Definitely no speed limit on the signs so I guess I will wait and see.

Thanks guys

Comment

If on the new smart motorways there is usually a set of cameras to the side of the motorway before the trap to record the status of the overhead signs when you go through the trap, so if nothing displayed, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Comment

Hi all. Drove past the same spot again. First sign completely our but now the second has the national speed limit.

Notice the cameras watching the sign to. Feel I might be in the right for this.

Let's see anyway thanks for all your help.

Comment

On a side note, I drove across to North Wales yesterday (M60-M56-A55), and noticed that the speed limit traffic sign recognition on my GS doesn't pick up the variable gantry speed limit signs. Bit of an oversight!
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
              X