Lock/Unlock button doesn't work on inside door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock/Unlock button doesn't work on inside door

The Lock/Unlock button doesn't work on my Insignia Sport tourer 2014. Can't lock or unlock using the interior button. Nothing happens when pressing.

And there's something odd about the door locks in general, the car need to be put in P and engine need to be off in order open the doors from the inside by pulling the inside doorhandle twice. This is very strange, so now when picking up a passenger I need to turn off the car and put the gearlevel in Park posistion. Then I need to pull the door handle twice in order to open for my passenger! What?!
    I guess the lock/unlock button should be working and that's something wrong with mine.

Originally posted by ayla85 View Post
    The Lock/Unlock button doesn't work on my Insignia Sport tourer 2014. Can't lock or unlock using the interior button. Nothing happens when pressing.

And there's something odd about the door locks in general, the car need to be put in P and engine need to be off in order open the doors from the inside by pulling the inside doorhandle twice. This is very strange, so now when picking up a passenger I need to turn off the car and put the gearlevel in Park posistion. Then I need to pull the door handle twice in order to open for my passenger! What?!
    I guess the lock/unlock button should be working and that's something wrong with mine.
    Do you have the auto locking doors (once you start driving) box ticked in the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Do you have the auto locking doors (once you start driving) box ticked in the settings?
      Yes I have

Comment

Yes I have
        That's why you need to pull the door handle twice. However no idea why the unlock/lock button isn't working. Has it ever? Maybe the connection is loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          That's why you need to pull the door handle twice. However no idea why the unlock/lock button isn't working. Has it ever? Maybe the connection is loose.
          Thanks for your input. No the button has never been working, I have owned the car for 6 months.
          Do you know how to disassemble the button from the door trim?

Another annoying thing is that the tailgate can't be by the button in the driver door (which is understandable) but also not when actually pressing the button at the tailgate when engine is running. So let's say you pull over from the road and need to get some stuff from the trunk, then it impossible without putting the gearlevel in Park AND turning engine off which is a bit of a hassle.

Is this because of auto locking feature?

Comment

Thanks for your input. No the button has never been working, I have owned the car for 6 months.
            Do you know how to disassemble the button from the door trim?

Another annoying thing is that the tailgate can't be by the button in the driver door (which is understandable) but also not when actually pressing the button at the tailgate when engine is running. So let's say you pull over from the road and need to get some stuff from the trunk, then it impossible without putting the gearlevel in Park AND turning engine off which is a bit of a hassle.

Is this because of auto locking feature?
            Yes, however if the lock/ unlock button was working you can just press it and then you can open boot etc without all the hassle.

You'll have to take the door card off and investigate. Unsure if there's a fuse for it

Comment

Did you ever solve this.. I've got same thing happening on my 2016 Sri vx line. Passenger side buttons work fine but nothing on driver's side

Comment

Originally posted by batesy87 View Post
                Did you ever solve this.. I've got same thing happening on my 2016 Sri vx line. Passenger side buttons work fine but nothing on driver's side
                Is there anything working on the drivers side buttons?

Comment

Try giving it a good blast with contact cleaner https://www.halfords.com/motoring/en...ml-621335.html
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Any luck on this? My button opens the drivers door only. Have to reach over and open the passenger door via handle

Comment

Sean110 this is an old thread but just getting a used insignia you start to notice niggles and I have exactly the same issue with the lock/unlock button. I also can't open the boot lid unless I switch the car off. Did you solve it? I don't want to go pulling the door card off if there is another approach. Cheers!

Comment

The boot lid not opening till car switched off is possible to do with anti hijack/ theft . which can be disabled.
                        The lock / unlock button not working is as above possibly electrical so button could require replacing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                        X