Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the towbar

Hi all

My 2010 Insignia came with what seems like half a tow bar? Could anyone help me find the parts I need or point me towards somewhere reputable?

Please find attached

Thanks in advanced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190511_115030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	249066

Name:	20190511_114935.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	249067

looks very similar to mine,and its a witter detachable
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks mate. Is there anywhere that'll sell just the parts I require?

Comment

Try Ebay
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Archie

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            looks very similar to mine,and its a witter detachable
            That's what it looks like, same as mine. Now I have a spare detachable tow ball, which may fit. Always take mine off when not towing(some people don't) and someone ran into the rear. Insurance had a new tow bar fitted with the accompanying new tow ball. If you can look at the tow bar behind the bumper there will be a serial number with make (Witter) will be able to check if my spare will fit. If you live near Leicestershire sure we can do a very, very good deal as far as your concerned. Wouldn't recommend posting, tow ball is a big chunk of metal. If your to far away go to PF Jones web site they will have a spare. Very Expensive though.
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

1000s of Tow bars in stock Witter towbars Westfalia towbars cycle carriers wing mirrors eberspacher heaters vehicle lighting, emergency beacons .towbars UK

This may be the one.
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                That's what it looks like, same as mine. Now I have a spare detachable tow ball, which may fit. Always take mine off when not towing(some people don't) and someone ran into the rear. Insurance had a new tow bar fitted with the accompanying new tow ball. If you can look at the tow bar behind the bumper there will be a serial number with make (Witter) will be able to check if my spare will fit. If you live near Leicestershire sure we can do a very, very good deal as far as your concerned. Wouldn't recommend posting, tow ball is a big chunk of metal. If your to far away go to PF Jones web site they will have a spare. Very Expensive though.
                It was a Witter G106AU tow bar. The paintwork's begining to fall off, and I picked hands full of flakes of metal and paint off it though. Don't think I can rely on it to be taking any loads :/

Comment

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
                  It was a Witter G106AU tow bar. The paintwork's begining to fall off, and I picked hands full of flakes of metal and paint off it though. Don't think I can rely on it to be taking any loads :/
                  So...your not gonna risk towing because it's flaking???

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    So...your not gonna risk towing because it's flaking???
                    More then just paint. That's off what is either the bracket or part that's close to it.

Name:	received_430867814142519.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	243217

Comment

More then just paint. That's off what is either the bracket or part that's close to it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1496[/ATTACH]
                      Oaft....I see what you mean mate

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1496[/ATTACH]
                        That looks bad. Where Is it coming from. Is it from the tow bar or its mountings? Looks like you will have to have the rear checked structurally.
                        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I’d have the bumper off and give the whole tow bar a good look

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                            I’d have the bumper off and give the whole tow bar a good look
                            Long story short, I removed towbar, replaced with witter new, also cleaned then hamerite sprayed the frame, found an electrician who could hook up a new electric switch .etc. for it's electrics.

Comment

That's bad. I shall be checking my tow bar. At least now anything like that will or should be picked up at an M.O.T.
                              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X