Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all. My 2015 2.0cdi keeps cutting out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigwebby View Post
    Leave it a few mins or longer , starts up no problems, may run 5 mins or all day then the same thing happens. No strange noises, smoke , rattles etc possibly ECU???
    Plug it in with opcom or tech 2. Not all code readers like the insignia and will show no codes.

Comment

Originally posted by ;308611
      Where are you based mate? I’ve got opcom your more than welcome to use it if your not far off

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav
      did you miss this offer from "Jordaninsignia14"? (post 12 above)

Comment

Fuel pump or relay possible? Opcom will tell you exactly.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi from Radcliffe, Manchester. M8ts git his own garage and code reader but not sure what type hes got. It did come up with some electrical problem with a couple of injectors, but hes tested them and all ok??

Comment

Thanks for the offer Jorden, hopefully got a guy bringing an official Vauxhall code reader round to garage tomoz and hopfully will bring up something useful 🤞🤞🤞

Comment

Code reader guy never turned up . Just said it's most prob a new ECU and at £1100 +vat + fitting programming I'm not changing b4 I get the bloody thing scanned with a proper reader first! Car been at garage few days and now cuts out straight away, will require recovery to Vauxhall if I go that way . Rang 1 ECU repair company and wont touch that ECU as far too complicated Apparently....???🤔🤔🤔. Any one heard of any if my problems above let me know as up to now everyone iv asked or my mechanic has asked have never had this issue Inc Apparently some Vauxhall mechanics from my local main dealership? Sounding like it's going to be an expensive repair, heading towards £1500:just for the ECU change , even if that's the problem......

Comment

Code reader guy never turned up . Just said it's most prob a new ECU and at £1100 +vat + fitting programming I'm not changing b4 I get the bloody thing scanned with a proper reader first! Car been at garage few days and now cuts out straight away, will require recovery to Vauxhall if I go that way . Rang 1 ECU repair company and wont touch that ECU as far too complicated Apparently....???[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]. Any one heard of any if my problems above let me know as up to now everyone iv asked or my mechanic has asked have never had this issue Inc Apparently some Vauxhall mechanics from my local main dealership? Sounding like it's going to be an expensive repair, heading towards £1500:just for the ECU change , even if that's the problem......
                That's right best get the codes read before even attempting to fix it. Maybe get a video of what is happening so a fresh pair of eyes/ears can see/listen to what the car is doing.

Comment

Thsts the prob....it just cuts out completely. Turn key and nothing, dnt turn over and all lights on dash go out when u turn key. Service vehicle soon message and Esc on dash. Will get an independent guy over if garage dnt tomoz...

Comment

Have you had the battery checked? A failing battery throws up all sorts of errors on the insignia
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yep, battery, alternator, earths , plugged in and out ECU a few times, all injectors tested ...

Comment

Git a problem that's baffling a few. My 2015 2.0 cdi auto elite keeps cutting out totally, dies and wont start or even turn over. Only dash warnings ate ," service soon" was at 52 percent before prob...now says its 100 percent??? And also had the Esc message??? Had in garage and scanned and no codes or faults coming up other then injector circuit power fault or similar isomething?? Had injectors tested and fine . Leave it for a while and starts up, may run for 5mins or all day , but today totally cut out again. Being an auto , needs a recovery every time... now 2nd recovery this week. Any one had any similar probs or now if any. Had a Vauxhall electrical mechanic onit who's never come access this problem. Help needed. Many thanks in advance 🤔🤔👍👍
                        Hello Bigwebby this message you are getting " service soon " , is it service soon , or service vehicle soon ? The ESC =escape . I ask that because you say there's a value of 52% before now a 100% , that could just be a service indicator showing .
                        Seeing as you have no power to starter at all when trying to crank , I would be looking at main starter circuit / relay . Or immoberliser, system . Have you another key that you can try ?
                        A bad ECU , would not prevent car from starting , it would either try to start or start with an error code normally a P100x type code .
                        Looks like some mechanics are just playing Russian Roulette with your money .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi Lizzard , yep tried spare key and when left car turns over and starts , runs away mins . Need a proper code reader nxt . Thanks

Comment

Hi
                            Sorry for adding to an old post, but my insignia has just had a major engine fault due to the Oil seal problem, the reason I first noticed something was wrong was the car just completely died whilst I was exiting a round about, when it did it, there was a total loss of everything, no lights, no Power steering and no warning, it happened again this week on a dual carriageway. One thing that happened just before was the engine became really noisy (sounded like a bag of bolts) then the noise suddenly went away then the engine cut out, it may not be related but I thought I would let you know.

Comment

Has anyone had to change the ECU unit at Vauxhall?? Most prob a very expensive job. My mechanic has rang the company who sorts his ECU,s , gave them the serial numbers and they wont touch it???? 15 plate 2.o cdi elite diesel, I'm beginning to feel like iv got a £10k pile of scrap??? Or do I take it to a Vauxhall main dealer and get fleeced. Checking the earths tomoz 😤😤
                              Yup did that, didnt fix the problem, so claimed the cost of the ecu of Opel. Got a refund. The origional ECU from a '09 160 elite sports tourer is sitting in my parts bin.

Comment

Hi Lizzard , yep tried spare key and when left car turns over and starts , runs away mins . Need a proper code reader nxt . Thanks
                                Did you ever find out the fault? Love to hear back how you got on.

Comment

Working...
                                X