Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVS on dash and loss of power

Hi all

I have being back and forth from garages with this problem for the last 4 months i have had mechanics saying the svs light is on maybe because of glow plugs and sometimes the car will go into limp mode after cruising on motorways and then going to overtake other cars but on lights or svs comes up garage said that its coming up as boost problem i have looked at my intercooler pipe and can not see or feel any splits but i can hear an occasional sound of air from the inlet manifold i have no idea whats causing this problem at all.

Thanks

You won't be able to see or feel the split on the intercooler pipe in situ unless it is totally buggered. Take it off and inspect it
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thank you will get it off at the weekend, i did notice and oily residue under my bumper and on the bottom of the pipe

Thanks

Comment

Take it to a garage and get it smoke tested. This will show any leaks, splits or holes much easier. I had a turbo underboost problem that kept putting my car into limp mode. All the pipe work looked fine. It turned out to be a dodgy seal on my boost pipe that could only be seen with a smoke test.

Comment

hard to see or feel the splits when the pipe isn't under boost ,best taken off and examine it
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
          X