Air flow issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air flow issue

Hi there. New to this forum. I have 60 plate 1900 Cdti insignia that has an air flow issue. Car has been in and out the garage for 10 days. Diagnostic indicated an issue with air flow. Master air flow sensor has been replaced and all pipes checked, removed, cleaned and replaced but it's still going onto 'limp' mode. Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end with this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave

Welcome

I think you will feel fine that it is a 2.0 cdti.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

yeah 1956cc to be precise.

Comment

Welcome aboard Dave270.
        I would be starting a new thread in Engine , power train transmission, that way you will get more " traffic " so to speak .and more answers .but a couple of pointers , what code is coming up i.e. P**** code ?
        Do you know the make of the MAP ? Was it a generic one ?
        Also have they checked the intercooler itself?
        Also saturation levels of the DPF ? .
        What's the current mileage
        Dose it go into LHM all the time or just when using a lot of throttle?
        Have they got a diagnostic machine that can give live data , i.e. Whitest driving ?

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Jings, too many questions I don't know the answer to. Took the car back in this afternoon. Its booked in for tomorrow. Had a chat with the mechanic and let him read a thread on here about the DPF causing the same issues. He's going to check/recharge it and have a closer look at the intercooler. Diagnostic machine cost 10k so I presume its half decent. Goes into LHM at various speeds. Not getting any overheat warnings.
          I'll update tomorrow with the codes and, hopefully, the rest of the answers.

Comment

as lizard said...………..start a new thread in the appropriate section.

you'll get more response.

this is the "hello, im……" section.

Comment

Ok, will do.

Comment

Just a thought, get your mechanic to take a look at the intercooler pipe and check for any splits.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

👍 Will do.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CINAcP44Cdc not saying its this but worth a look

Comment

Hi Dave,
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks Robbo. This was perfect. Mechanic took that hose out and found a split. New one ordered and, hopefully arriving and fitted, tomorrow.

Comment

glad to help hope you didn't pay the £158 he said in the videothead https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...wAAOSwq9ZblHQx

Comment

Working...
                          X