Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED DRLs on Insignia A

My first thread here!

Having recently picked up a nice Insignia A on a 13 plate, I wanted to change the very dull/yellowy DRL bulbs to LEDs to improve the look a little but I'm having a bit of bother fitting them and was wondering if anybody could help.

It took a while to figure out just how to get the damn bulb holders out but i got there in the end - the problem is that the new LED bulbs i bought are longer than the standard ones and there's not enough wire on the connectors to give me room to get the new bulb in. I could slip the LED bulb into the back of the lens and then try and connect it but i'm concerned that will end with a bulb loose inside the headlamp case and i'll be taking the whole front end apart to get it out.

I see 2 possible solutions there's either a trick to find a bit more wire on the loom or there's a type of LED bulb that's the same length (or less) as the stock bulb?

All help gratefully recieved guys

Cheers

Andy

You will probably need to fit resistors too,to the drl circuit,as the leds will give bulb out messages on the dash
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Fitting these filaments is just as good
      Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Lunar Lumen W21/5w T20 580 7443 SIDELIGHT DRL Super White Bulbs at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Fitting these filaments is just as good
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lunar-Lum...s/142942128749
        For a fiver I'll give these a go. Don't really want to mess with fitting resistors if that's necessary - the LEDs i bought stated they wouldn't throw up a canbus error though

I appreciate your help guys - thanks

Comment

I swapped mine for these, make a big difference....

2011. 2.0 diesel SRI VX LINE Nav

Comment

theres loads of sellers advertising canbus friendly bulbs,,different story when you fit them though thead
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
              I swapped mine for these, make a big difference....

2011. 2.0 diesel SRI VX LINE Nav
              I’ve ordered some off the bay and will let you know how I get on

Thanks again

Comment

LEDs are loads better than the blue bulbs but you do need resistors.

Comment

Can someone tell me if OSRAM will work without error ?
                  Osram LEDriving 580 W21/5W is a new LED bulb with a Modern and intense light with up to 6,000 K. Perfect for use on your Motorbike or car - Choose from White, Amber or Red !

I think this will 95% chance to work
                  7443 Can-bus Super Bright 360 Degree 6 LED Wedge Bulbs The new 580 super bright LED bulb requires only 2W of power increasing bulb life up to 4,000 hours, 360 LED design for maximum light output and brightness.

I tried this which says are specially for Insignia and yet i got error

Comment

Originally posted by Lexterr View Post
                    Can someone tell me if OSRAM will work without error ?
                    Osram LEDriving 580 W21/5W is a new LED bulb with a Modern and intense light with up to 6,000 K. Perfect for use on your Motorbike or car - Choose from White, Amber or Red !

I think this will 95% chance to work
                    7443 Can-bus Super Bright 360 Degree 6 LED Wedge Bulbs The new 580 super bright LED bulb requires only 2W of power increasing bulb life up to 4,000 hours, 360 LED design for maximum light output and brightness.

I tried this which says are specially for Insignia and yet i got error
                    https://www.cit-ltd.co.uk/product-en...CPnH6MGlbXevpQ
                    They all throw up errors.
                    You'll need to fit resistors.

Comment

Do you need to add a resistor for each phase of lighting by that I mean two resistors per bulb, one of the 21w and one for the 5w side. Bright and Dimmed?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncletone View Post
                        Do you need to add a resistor for each phase of lighting by that I mean two resistors per bulb, one of the 21w and one for the 5w side. Bright and Dimmed?
                        If I remember correctly its just one resistor over pins 1,and 9 on the headlight plug

Comment

Thank you for that now I know why the lights don't dim and I get the error warning. Same lights and resistors as per Mo's post so sat here scratching my head.

Many thanks again enjoy your holiday

Comment

Working...
                          X