Bike rack for sports tourer boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike rack for sports tourer boot

Are there any bike racks available for the sports tourer 14 plate that attach to the back of the car?
    I go camping with a roof box on and the kids are at an age that they want their bikes !
    I’ve had a quick look on google but can’t seam to find anything.

Cheers in advance.

Paul

Have you got a towing bar/hook?
    If yes and not planning to tow a caravan than there are some racks available to attach to the towing bar

Comment

Saw a Thule one on an estate a while back that attached to the tow bar and tilted out of the way to let you access the boot, worked really well. The problem with the ones that use straps to attach is you cant access the boot whilst the bikes are on the back. I used one on my old Focus years ago when we took the bikes to France, meant that for the 2 or 3 days travelling there and back we had to pack the car in a way that anything we needed was in the car rather than in the boot.

They also do an alternative to a roof box that works in a similar way that i'd quite fancy instead of the roof box but forking out for a tow bar just for using this and then the Thule stuff was rather over the top for just one trip a year as we'd only need it for the trip to France each year. Just take less stuff these days!!

Comment

Na no towbar.
        I wouldn’t really mind the strap on ones 🙄 but just can’t seam to find a one, was hoping someone had used one.
        Don’t really want to fork out for a tow bar just for a bike rack.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Ridthegent View Post
          Na no towbar.
          I wouldn’t really mind the strap on ones �� but just can’t seam to find a one, was hoping someone had used one.
          Don’t really want to fork out for a tow bar just for a bike rack.

Paul
          I still have the one with straps etc i used with my Focus back in the past and it didnt work on my old ST and i've not tried it on the new one as yet. Still keep it as it was only £25 and it would fit on the other halfs Astra if required.

Comment

Working...
          X