Oil seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil seal

I have read so many posts about the insignia oil seal going I am getting a bit worried about it
    I have just got a 2012 cdti Sri only done 32000
    Any advice would be great

32000 on the clock, or you have done 32000 since having it?

Do you know cars history?
    Do you know the previous owner? If yes,than ask him if he has replaced the seal, if not then I would start looking for the garage to replace it as its been 7 years already in there so I would say it's about time to replace it.

And personality I would do a full service on it including belts if I wouldn't trust the previous owner.
    That's what I have done, when I bought mine , I have spent another 500£ for everything but after that I don't have to worry now.

Comment

It’s done 32000miles on clock
      It’s does have some service history had new water pump and cam belt feb this year apart from all I know about it

Comment

Do you know the registration number?

Go to DVSA site and check its MOT history, there you will find the milage at every year MOT, and faults/advisory information.

I believe that that seal wasn't replaced before than.
        I would seriously start thinking about it, and replaced it ASAP so I wouldn't have to worry.
        Let's see what the other people say.

Comment

Mines from Nov. 2013… on 42,000. Reading this I'm now thinking I should have this replaced? Is this deal age related too not just mileage? What's the cost of replacement?

Comment

I would say,yes.
            As it's only a rubber and after 6 years of being in the hot engine, it's condition may not be the same as the new ones.

I would be to scared to risk on these engines but that's only my opinion.

The cheapest quote I have seen on the forum was 170£.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
              I would say,yes.
              As it's only a rubber and after 6 years of being in the hot engine, it's condition may not be the same as the new ones.

I would be to scared to risk on these engines but that's only my opinion.

The cheapest quote I have seen on the forum was 170£.
              Thanks. I'll hunt around for costs. It's under warranty for the next two years but I'll probably get it done anyway sods law it will fail after it expires

Comment

Originally posted by johngrant1980 View Post
                Thanks. I'll hunt around for costs. It's under warranty for the next two years but I'll probably get it done anyway sods law it will fail after it expires
                I'd read the warranty small print.

Comment

Warranty won't cover that, as there is nothing wrong with the car at the moment so nothing to fix. Until it's to late. But if it's under warranty than wait till engine "blow up" and claim the New one

Ask your seller about it, perhaps it has been done already.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                    Warranty won't cover that, as there is nothing wrong with the car at the moment so nothing to fix. Until it's to late. But if it's under warranty than wait till engine "blow up" and claim the New one

Ask your seller about it, perhaps it has been done already.
                    Not sure if it's been done but it came from York Vauxhall dealer so if anything happens it would be covered but prefer preventative maintenance [emoji106]

Comment

.......I only changed my oil seal at 187 .000 Miles .....cars is still going at 221, 000 miles ...........although when it was changed it had become very flat and looked ready to fall apart.

Comment

Working...
                      X