Extreme cure for stop-start problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme cure for stop-start problems

So, I have had my 1.5T SRi Grand Sport for about 3 or 4 weeks, bought as a very low mileage year old car, and the stop_star had only operated twice in that time. Thought I'd raise the issue on this forum of it didn't resolve itself. Then yesterday a nice guy in a Jeep Cherokee decided to nudge my rear bumper at about 3 or 4 mph.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190607_151039.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	249073
    A bit of a crease alongside the number plate and some paint damage, he's accepted responsibility and my insurers have passed the info to Gemini (anyone had any experience of them?)

And today, the car's been stopping and starting perfectly. My question is, why should a slow speed bump affect it? Did the car just need the proverbial "kick up the ar$e"?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

I had a car repaired by them after somebody decided to use my boot as their brakes. Can't say they are bad as they kept phoning me and telling what was going on, but it did take a bloody long time for them to do it.

Comment

If it was my car I would personally be having it repaired by Vauxhall, especially as it is not your fault. You can choose where to have your car repaired, there may be an excess but you would recoup that as part of the claim
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Repairing at the Dealership will retain the car's value when trading away

Comment

True, but it's just a little crease in the bumper, should come out with heating, hopefully:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190610_122329.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	243230
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I've have my bumbers repaired a few of times (twice on last insignia and twice on this one) and never use the dealers. I use an insurance approved repairer who does a better job. Anyway, most dealers get a third party to do the repair these days. As for retaining the car's value.....It has never made one bit of difference when I've traded in.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              I've have my bumbers repaired a few of times (twice on last insignia and twice on this one) and never use the dealers. I use an insurance approved repairer who does a better job. Anyway, most dealers get a third party to do the repair these days. As for retaining the car's value.....It has never made one bit of difference when I've traded in.
              Who do you recommend? Want to get a few marks on mine done but they are only very small nicks here and there. Not sure if they would entertain such small area's to make better for me.

Comment

I use Alton cars in Hull but they do have other places around the country. I'm very fussy about the finish and colour match and they've never let me down. Not cheap though.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Cheers. I'll check them out. I'm only down the road in Howden/Selby area. [emoji106]

Comment

I think its the colour match that is big concern "Red" is nightmare It can look perfect in some light conditions and get it under the yellow street light and its as different as it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by johngrant1980 View Post
                      Cheers. I'll check them out. I'm only down the road in Howden/Selby area. [emoji106]
                      Ah not to far then. As I say....They're not cheap but their work is spot on.

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                      I think its the colour match that is big concern "Red" is nightmare It can look perfect in some light conditions and get it under the yellow street light and its as different as it can get.
                      Yeah seen some terrible matches on red insignias. That's why I've used Alton cars ever since my insurance fixed my previous car there early 2015.

Comment

After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, the other guy's insurers are organising the repair, so we'll see how it goes.
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Autoglass did the repair at my home last week. Took 2 hours from start to finish, and I think they did a pretty good job - before & after shots below
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190610_122329.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	243270
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190619_101759.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	243271
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                          X