Shaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking

So noticed past few days when I’m in 3rd gear and above and around 1800-2000+ rpm I notice a the car has started to shake but as soon as I come off the power pedal it stops anyone have any ideas it’s a 65 plate 140 model thanks

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
    So noticed past few days when I’m in 3rd gear and above and around 1800-2000+ rpm I notice a the car has started to shake but as soon as I come off the power pedal it stops anyone have any ideas it’s a 65 plate 140 model thanks
    I purchased insignia 2014 140 last year. Developed same symptoms as yours. 2 driveshaft 2 tyres tracking balancing all done but still the same. 2 garages found nothing wrong. I have just learned to live with it.

Comment

It’s really annoying I bought two tires got them balanced it was fine for a few days then came back but sometimes it’s not there then randomly comes back but if I push harder it goes

Comment

symptoms of a driveshaft on its way
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Does it do it on all road surfaces ?
          Some roads I drive on you would think car was starting to part in the middle, then you turn onto a different road and you are back in the car you set out in.
          Would suggest tracking too, badly pigeon toed or duck footed will have a dramatic effect on various road surfaces, particularily crossing lines, one of the cheaper options to check.

Comment

Yeah all kind of roads tracking has been done, don’t say the drive shaft please

Comment

Yeah all kind of roads tracking has been done, don’t say the drive shaft please
              had one fail on old car,,it started vibrating at a certain speed,,speed up,or slow down,it would stop,,then became undrivable,had to get recovered home, easy diy job in fairness
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not sure about Insignia, I had a drive shaft go on my Cavalier years ago and recently on my Focus, both cars fault was exaggerated when turning on full lock, slowly on a carpark, faulty joint will struggle on full lock, will be felt has a jerking through wheel.
                I agree with exclusiv, fairly easy days work for a amateur mechanic.

Comment

I wouldn’t even class my self a as amateur mechanic wouldn’t have the first idea

Comment

Probably best to ask for help, wheel needs removing, drive shafts can be a pain to pull out, you could pull car on top of you if it's not supported correctly.

Comment

Haha glad you said that don’t fancy been crushed by siggy like

Comment

Already had 2 new shafts in mine. Made no difference. Only thing I have not changed are the wheels. Buying new alloys soon so I'll let u know.

Comment

How much am I looking at for a driveshaft like anyone

Comment

Has a professional actually looked at your car ?
                            There are numerous reasons for car shaking at varying speeds and various gears and RPM, it can be distorted tyres right through to engine itself, dual mass flywheel can also be at fault.
                            Faulty Engine and gearbox mountings can also cause the car to shake.
                            Do the cheap things first, have a good look around the car, rubber items such as engine mounts can look ok, but can be separated from ally surround, check rubber gaiters on ends of drive shafts.
                            Then ask friends and relatives who they use to repair their cars.

Comment

How much am I looking at for a driveshaft like anyone
                              it cost me 90 quid for the short driveshaft,and I did it myself,but I definitely knew it was that ,that was was causing the vibration,,get someone to confirm before buying parts

Comment

Working...
                              X