Boot release button and electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot release button and electrical problems

Hi all, my boot release button recently stopped working. Inconvenient, but no great drama until yesterday when I went to the shops and when I came back out the car wouldn't start. It barely cranked over, seemed like the battery was dead. I managed to get it jump started and took it home. I connected it up to my battery charger which showed it as fully charged after 20 minutes. It started perfectly so I ran it for another 20 minutes then left it. I have just tried to start it and it's like it's dead again. Can the faulty button cause this or should I be looking for another fault? I checked all fuses but they were fine. Perhaps the battery is on its way out, but I didn't notice any deterioration in performance. 13 plate insignia 2.0 cdti. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need to get it sorted asap.

Sounds like your battery is dying

Comment

Agreed, sound like the battery to me
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Agree that it sounds like your battery is dying. Don’t Halfords offer a free battery check just to make sure?

Comment

You will be needing a new battery i'm afraid--even though you say your charger shows if fully charged after only 20 minutes---what I have found is that these cars need a good battery to keep everything working correctly------Dave

Comment

Another indication of a dodgy battery is that your sat nav/in car entertainment stops working!

Comment

Working...
            X