Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Insignia question.

Hi guys,

I am 300 km. from home ATM and the car (2009 2.0CDTi Hatch) feels a bit different when starting/switching it off. It has some sort of a vibration/shake until it's started or completely shut off.

It's an auto so shouldn't be a flywheel issue (do autos have flywheel?)

I noticed that a mount in the front part of the engine broke - it's a plastic one and one of the places where it holds to the motor is broken.

Is it a problem to drive like that for 300 km.? The car feels fine when driving so I am not sure if that mount only makes the starting/switching off a bit softer.

Please do not remove the thread just yet!

Thank you!

Изпратено от моят HMA-L29 с помощта на Tapatalk

it should be fine to drive, as you notice it will be rougher when starting and switching off.. just don't cane it and drive it steady at revs it feels comfortable...

Comment

Originally posted by spitfirebg View Post
      Hi guys,

I am 300 km. from home ATM and the car (2009 2.0CDTi Hatch) feels a bit different when starting/switching it off. It has some sort of a vibration/shake until it's started or completely shut off.

It's an auto so shouldn't be a flywheel issue (do autos have flywheel?)

I noticed that a mount in the front part of the engine broke - it's a plastic one and one of the places where it holds to the motor is broken.

Is it a problem to drive like that for 300 km.? The car feels fine when driving so I am not sure if that mount only makes the starting/switching off a bit softer.

Please do not remove the thread just yet!

Thank you!

Yes Autos still have flywheel could be starter motor, the motor engages with fly wheel and rotates the engine to start car. If Possible refrain from using starter (keep it running) until you get it looked at eg when filling up with fuel ask forecourt operator if its ok to keep it running, explain that it may not start again and being auto it will block forecourt until recovery arrive.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

What could be other possible visible sympthoms of the front engine mount being broken?
        By the way I managed to get home as you recommended - no kick-downs or hard pulls, just steady cruise control driving! Thank you for that!

Now i shoud find and fix the issue and the only visible damage is the upper bolting part of the front engine mount being completely ripped off from the mount itself.
        What I can tell so far is the car shaking until the engine fully ignites / shuts down and I also feel some kind of a vibration/kick when stopping at a traffic light and the gearbox disengages (on D). Could the last one be related to the mount?

Comment

Originally posted by spitfirebg View Post
          Thanks for the replies!

What could be other possible visible sympthoms of the front engine mount being broken?
          By the way I managed to get home as you recommended - no kick-downs or hard pulls, just steady cruise control driving! Thank you for that!

Now i shoud find and fix the issue and the only visible damage is the upper bolting part of the front engine mount being completely ripped off from the mount itself.
          What I can tell so far is the car shaking until the engine fully ignites / shuts down and I also feel some kind of a vibration/kick when stopping at a traffic light and the gearbox disengages (on D). Could the last one be related to the mount?

Sounds like it needs replacing anyway, so for me I would replace and then re-assess the issue.

Comment

As above,have you had any slight impact damage at the front at anytime?
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
            X