Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPlay iOS 13

Nice changes coming to CarPlay in iOS13. [emoji106]

Liking the look of the changes, the "dashboard" screen with multiple things on view at the same time should be handy. Also seems in the beta versions currently that if you use the phone to do something the CarPlay screen stays the same and doesnt just change to whatever is on the phone screen or back to the homescreen if its a non carplay app.

Comment

Yes correct. Much better now that the phone can work independently of the CarPlay display

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
        Yes correct. Much better now that the phone can work independently of the CarPlay display
        I'm not completely sure about it....in theory when its connected to CarPlay you are driving and you shouldnt be fiddling with the actual phone even if just stopped in traffic etc so is it just giving people a reason to fiddle. Yes it will let passengers etc do something without the CarPlay screen changing but does that happen that often. I'm just a bit unsure if it goes against the whole point of CarPlay.

Comment

Android auto also getting a refresh, due any time soon. Similar improvements, split screens, being able to do more than one thing without changing screens and dark mode. Also Google have added Google assistant support into Waze.

I'm the same thou, I use OK Google to change nearly everything, hardly touch the head unit, and never need to touch the phone. That's the whole point on my eyes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yep I use Siri to do things most of the time like directions, messages, phone calls although I do use the touch screen for getting music to be played via Apple Music.

Comment

Can't siri do that. OK Google works on everything, usually Spotify to be fair for me, but Vauxhall system will play tracks from USB stick OK.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It can but I tend to listen to one of 3 or 4 playlists all the time more often than not so by the time i've fired Siri up, asked it and its thought about it its as easy to go through the simple Music CarPlay screen to select the playlist i want and play it. On the occasions i'm roughing it on the commute to work in the other halfs Astra which has no DAB radio I just get in the car and use Siri to set the sat nav for work and then stream Radio X via Apple Music....works a treat. Other half is such a fan of CarPlay she wants rid of the Astra for the sole reason of getting a car that is CarPlay enabled. Looked at the Corsa & Astra Griffin special editions they've done but now seriously considering one of the new electric Corsa's next year.

Comment

Quick heads up....in the latest Public Beta of iOS13 Apple Maps is having some issues. It will show but once you get a route up and then try to set it navigating it crashes out. I've had to revert to Google Maps for the time being. Looks like quite a few people are having the issue. Strangely i updated on Tuesday night and it worked fine all day Wednesday as i used it to navigate in and out of Hull as we went to the Deep but then Thursday morning it packed up working. If you dont set a route going then it shows the map fine, just actual navigating that seems to knacker it.

Comment

can it do it over blutooth yet or do we still have to plug it in. They need to get with the times and allow it over blue tooth its a pain to have to always plug it in

Comment

Will never work over Bluetooth as CarPlay doesnt use bluetooth at all. Its either wired or wireless via a wifi sort of connection not Bluetooth.

I really dont think its that much of a pain to plug in plus you get it charged at the same time. Reading about Wireless Carplay it seems the phone can get very hot when used not plugged in especially if you do wireless charging as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X