No announcement yet.

TPMS General Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok update got 2 new tyres fitted to my new rims and they also took out the sensors from the steel wheels and fitted them to the alloys and everything is as it should be.
    Result

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Registered after Jan 1st 2012.TPMS mot fail if not working.
      I dont see how this can be enforced as I can turn mine off so you wouldn't know if it were working or not

Comment

Originally posted by Ianbristol View Post
        I dont see how this can be enforced as I can turn mine off so you wouldn't know if it were working or not
        I suppose that if no error message is showing then the mot man is happy!
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Ianbristol View Post
          How you turning it off my 65 plate does not have the option (or i cannot find it) to switch off, I can change the range, cancel the message temporarily but it returns as soon as engine stopped and restarted. but the amber tyre symbol does not go out until all pressures are correct again.

Comment

The toggle on the right hand side of steering wheel alloys different options push the left arrow once in the screen menus

Comment

Hi, I just bought new set of wheels for my insignia cdti 2014 and have the same issue you had. I think I just need to transfer my old sensor and valves to my new alloys but wondering the following:

1) Do the sensors need to be in the same position as before to work or are the factory fitted 2014 self-learning?

2) Will I need a new valve stem/seal kit?

3) What are the battery lifespan for these sensors?

If anyone can answer these I would appreciate it.

Comment

Pop along here and tell us a bit more about yourself and motor,pics also

Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Iirc they should 'self learn'.Battery life around 9yrs but known them to go sooner,batteries non changeable,new tpms required.
                  hth.

Comment

Ahhh that’s great new thanks! I think I will get a new valve just be be safe and service it

Comment

Just want to let you know what happened with regards to this.

So Vauxhall wanted to charge me £220 for the transfer of the sensors and to reprogram them.

I managed to pay a garage £60 to take them off my old tyres while maintaining the seals and put them on my new ones.

Without reprogramming them the dash light disappeared and my tpms is fully functioning. Saved myself £160 thanks to this forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jubz121 View Post

So Vauxhall wanted to charge me £220 for the transfer of the sensors and to reprogram them.

I managed to pay a garage £60 to take them off my old tyres while maintaining the seals and put them on my new ones.

Without reprogramming them the dash light disappeared and my tpms is fully functioning. Saved myself £160 thanks to this forum!!
                        Result mate.
                        Yeah, the sensors start to re read when they get to 30mph.

Don't listen to the stealers......robbing b4574rds

Comment

Originally posted by Jubz121 View Post

Nice one ! in answer to your previous question,you can swap wheels around and they'll self learn
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi
                            Can any one send me a idiot's guide to TPMS.
                            I have a 2015 Vauxhall Insignia only had the 🚗 for 6 weeks and because of the 🔐 down not been anywhere in the car.
                            When I tested the tyres by hand every one had a different pressure so off to the garage and put 32 psi in the front and 30 in the rear as there is only me for the car.
                            When I next turned the car on the next day the problem started the ⚠️ light is permanently on but have tested the pressure and they are OK. I have never known such a thing cause such a problem . I am a year from my old age pension and this TPMS may cause me to not reach it.
                            Billy.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                              Hi
                              Can any one send me a idiot's guide to TPMS.
                              I have a 2015 Vauxhall Insignia only had the [emoji594] for 6 weeks and because of the [emoji359] down not been anywhere in the car.
                              When I tested the tyres by hand every one had a different pressure so off to the garage and put 32 psi in the front and 30 in the rear as there is only me for the car.
                              When I next turned the car on the next day the problem started the [emoji3544] light is permanently on but have tested the pressure and they are OK. I have never known such a thing cause such a problem . I am a year from my old age pension and this TPMS may cause me to not reach it.
                              Billy.
                              You could try changing the tpms setting to eco on the instrument cluster

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                                You could try changing the tpms setting to eco on the instrument cluster
                                Lewish
                                Thank you for your reply still finding my way around any Directions

Please

Comment

Working...
                                X