No announcement yet.

Insignia Tourer steering wheel shudder at high speed after new tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a BBC Watchdog programme about kwick-shite and it was appalling----still can't understand how this company is still in business,unfortunately my wife is disabled and she has to use them---and I gringe the times I have had to go in----the dealer she use's has said just to come back to them in the future and they will see what they can do-----Dave

Comment

They did look at the discs and pads when the wheels were off and told me the pads were almost done and discs lipped, quoted £600 for replacements all round and wanted to do it there and then.

They may need doing soon but it had its MOT a week ago with no mention which makes me think that was going to be a scam!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee-CDTi 160 View Post
        They did look at the discs and pads when the wheels were off and told me the pads were almost done and discs lipped, quoted £600 for replacements all round and wanted to do it there and then.

They may need doing soon but it had its MOT a week ago with no mention which makes me think that was going to be a scam!
        600 quid ffs,, you can do it DIY for less than 200
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Did tell you---bloody awful company-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Lee-CDTi 160 View Post

I've just this minute priced up mine...an advisory on the MOT.. and i can get a full set of front discs and pads and a set of rear pads for just under £90 with the 50% off deal Euro Car Parts are having right now...

I'd also forgotten about my old Vectra B sri, that Kwik Shite screwed up a few years ago...

massively long story short,

They fitted a standard Vectra Exhaust onto a SRi with the 'Imrscher' kit on.. (namely the square Exhaust tip that was factory fitted),

And then told me that it was illegal to have the exhaust tip sitting beyond the rear bumper.......when i informed them it was a factory fitted 'Irmscher Kit', and they had potentially screwed the whole system up, the muppet replied 'well trust me mate, these are never factory fitted as they are illegal....

It was a pity i was needing the car to drive to Kent the same evening otherwise i'd have ripped it off and inserted it were it would have been more use to him than me...

i did eventually get Kwik Shite to replace it with the proper part, but lost interest in the car after that.... it never felt the same again..
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X