Phone overheating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone overheating.

So I have found that if I am using Waze while the phone is plugged in under the arm rest it will now and again over heat and shut down Waze and music apps.

So it's an bit of a use what I've got bodge idea but I'm hoping it works.

Just a bog standard 5v computer fan wired into a USB cable, lights are optional[emoji1787]... drilled vent holes and that that's.

Thinking I might just put a on/off switch in just in case.

Good idea. Can you hear the fan as you drive?
    Last edited by marko301; 17-06-2019, 06:17 AM.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

So had a run out to meadow hall yesterday. Found a slight problem with my idea.

It screws up the gps, I'm guessing it's the magnetic field the motor is giving off when powered up.

Comment

Working...
      X