Splicing into interior light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splicing into interior light

I have a next base mirror cam and was wondering is it an easy job to get the power from the interior light power supply.
    Ta

Originally posted by Ianbristol View Post
    I have a next base mirror cam and was wondering is it an easy job to get the power from the interior light power supply.
    Ta
    Wouldn't bother, cams need a 10a fuse in general. Easy enough to route a power supply from either fuse box in passenger footwell or indeed from cig lighter using power cable supplied with camera. Just remember don't cut the plug off and connect straight to 12v, camera will be transformed down to 5v.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I have a hardwire kit as it came out of my old Astra. I think best would be as you said run it down to the passenger footwell

Comment

I have a hardwire kit as it came out of my old Astra. I think best would be as you said run it down to the passenger footwell
        Lol I came from as Astra also. Front cam is just routed down to centre console and plugged in, rear cam is hard wired into fuse box.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Fuse 6 if my memory still remembers!!
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            Lol I came from as Astra also. Front cam is just routed down to centre console and plugged in, rear cam is hard wired into fuse box.
            I don't want to see any wires from the mirror cam

Comment

I don't want to see any wires from the mirror cam
              You can't see them

Comment

I have mine hard wired from the battery using a Blackvue Power Magic Pro so its permanently powered. Keeps the original socket and saves the battery as it'll turn camera off at 12v - All hidden behind the glovebox.

The cable then runs through holes by the fuse box, up the A pillar, across the top of the window tucked in the roof lining and then down to the camera following the mirror plastics

Comment

I have just ran the wires down the side pillar to fuse box but my piggy back fuse adapter is to big so will have to pop to halfords. Anyway while I had the side pillar cover off there were already 2 black wires going up the side pillar to what looked like a hard plastic ly stick but a bit thicker and bigger anyone know what this could be the only thing I can think of is a tracking system from the company who owned before

Comment

Working...
                  X