No announcement yet.

So VX main dealer smashed my bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post some pics so we can see it. I know the camera doesn't pic everything up but we've had some awful colour matches on here in the past.

Also it should be nothing to do with whether the rest of the car's paint is weathered. A camera type scanners should be used on at least 5 different areas of the car to get the match for mixing the paint.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      Can you post some pics so we can see it. I know the camera doesn't pic everything up but we've had some awful colour matches on here in the past.

Also it should be nothing to do with whether the rest of the car's paint is weathered. A camera type scanners should be used on at least 5 different areas of the car to get the match for mixing the paint.
      It's not unknown thou just to use the standard paint code number with no blending. I agree thou, needs sorting.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        It's not unknown thou just to use the standard paint code number with no blending. I agree thou, needs sorting.
        This is the result. It really depends on what angle and light your looking at the car. Even the original paint on the car looks darker in different lights. Jury out at the morning to what I'll do.

Comment

It's simple really. Can you live with it. I mean will you forget it? Or will you everytime you wash , wax etc think that's not right.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It's not overly bothering me. Since the rest of the car has some weird shading going on with the colour that it is. I love this car it looks great so I'm not overly worried

This is a close up. It's not all that bad!

Comment

Sorry but to me that’s a different colour

Comment

When you see actually see it, it blends in. I actually don't notice any difference the more I look at it.

Problem is I just know about it..

I need to put it in front of someone and see if they can tell without mentioning it.

Comment

Bumper looks darker with less bluey tinge to it compared to the wing/bonnet (although as others have said, it's always difficult to tell from photos).
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

The problem is the bumper is on a different angle to the panel it shunts up to so it catches the light slightly differently. The other thing is your eyes are drawn to it because you know it's been done. If it isn't bothering you I'd leave it.

It would bother me though but I have really bad OCD about it.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      The problem is the bumper is on a different angle to the panel it shunts up to so it catches the light slightly differently. The other thing is your eyes are drawn to it because you know it's been done. If it isn't bothering you I'd leave it.

It would bother me though but I have really bad OCD about it.
                      It's totally not bothering me. Although the dealer needs to come up with a sweatner..

Comment

I'd be pushing for a next service free

Comment

I had both bumpers on mine painted when I got it, to get rid of a few minor scratches and stone chips. A bit like this, the colour was never quite right, and it annoyed me until the day I sold it.

I did complain and get them redone once, but they still weren't right at all. In the end I gave up, as although the paint-shop said they would do them again, they wouldn't guarantee they'd be any better than they currently were. I also didn't want them looking like an old skirting board, that had been painted about 50 times.

I'd give them one chance to rectify it, or as you've already intimated, ask for some form of compensatory payment to reflect the reduction in value to the car.

Try googling for diminution:

"Diminution in value can occur when a vehicle has been involved in an accident and consequently repaired, particularly if repairs were reasonably extensive, involving parts of the body-shell or chassis, and/or significant paintwork."

Comment

I know it's not metallic, but I just had Autoglass repair and respray my rear bumper following a low speed tail ender, before and after photos below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190610_122329.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	243250Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190619_101759.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	243251

Whole job took 2 hours, very happy with results
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                              I know it's not metallic, but I just had Autoglass repair and respray my rear bumper following a low speed tail ender, before and after photos below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1544[/ATTACH]

Whole job took 2 hours, very happy with results
                              Thats great.

On looking at mine I'm no longer bothered by it. In fact the rear bumper looks a little darker too at times so I'll just move on and enjoy the car!

Comment

If you get as many enjoyable and trouble free miles as I got from my 2013 2.0 CDTi then you'll be a very happy man!
                                2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                                X