So VX main dealer smashed my bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So VX main dealer smashed my bumper

So I had some niggles since collecting my car last Thursday. Mainly the pedal box issue, front sensors and a Whistling noise coming from the front (left mirror split). She went in this morning.

Got a call at lunch time while it was in. "Sorry to say we bumped your car into a bollard!" The front left bumper near the fog lamp ruined! I nearly said "is this how you were testing my front sensors! [emoji23]" (seeing the funny side at the moment).. Wasn't amused at the time though.

How on earth this happened I don't know..[emoji2357][emoji85] But least they are replacing the whole bumper and new sensors but jeez not impressed so far. My fear is something was damaged on the axle but apparently not. [emoji24] Joys!

I would not be happy, there is high probability that the colour will not match.

Comment

Hope it turns out ok.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I'm hoping so . I'll reject the car if it looks crap.

Comment

Keep us updated.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

You can't make up some of this stuff. People laugh at me because of how I am when the car goes in for a service etc... But I have never found anybody who looks after It when they get their grubby hands on it.

Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction. Tell them up front about your concerns re the colour match after the new bumper goes on. That way they know you're likely to kick off if its not bang on.

Places like to tell you they can never get the bumper to perfectly match because of the different materials (plastic vs metal) the paint is on but it's bollocks. The place I use get a perfect match every time.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Someones getting sacked then

Comment

They all rag cars around the car park. Don't give a ****.

Comment

only time paint doesn't match is when they do it wrong or don't accurately match the paint
                  the material underneath metal or plastic should make no difference once the primer is on

i don't use garages anymore as they do treat cars like crap, i try do what i can myself or use a mate to help on bigger jobs

Comment

I'm gonna start myself again once the warranty runs out. Certainly true though..!

Hopefully they will have a decent sprayer and since those third party front sensors werent working maybe a blessing in disguise.

Comment

The Insignia is back for now from the VX dealer. I can't fault their service in York although I think the guy that bumped it maybe had a bollocking. Maybe worse but accidents happen.

So bumper on with new front sensors. The paint work has been really well done but there is an ever so slight difference in lower light levels. I couldn't tell when at the dealers parked outside and commented how well it looked but at home there is a slight difference. I'll mention it to them but I'll doubt they'll be interested. Id take a little gesture of goodwill to soften the frustration since I like the car.

Comment

John, the bump was not your fault and there was no problem with the colour match before their clumsy mechanic fooked it! I'd be getting them to respray it till it is correct. Long-term it will start to bug you and will affect re-sale at a later date.
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                          John, the bump was not your fault and there was no problem with the colour match before their clumsy mechanic fooked it! I'd be getting them to respray it till it is correct. Long-term it will start to bug you and will affect re-sale at a later date.
                          Yeah think your right [emoji106]

Comment

I know he is right. The car is not to the standard it was when you bought it. Maybe suggest a full machine polish on the rest of the car to see if it's just slightly tired paint.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                              I know he is right. The car is not to the standard it was when you bought it. Maybe suggest a full machine polish on the rest of the car to see if it's just slightly tired paint.
                              I've emailed the general manager there. I'll see what he says..

Comment

Working...
                              X