Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pick up seal

Hi Everyone,

can I just ask, the oil pick up seal, does it affect just the preface insignias, I am reading a lot of this seal failing and righting off perfectly good engines.
    I own a facelift model, 2014 with 40,000 on the clock, its just a bit worrying seeing so many insignias on ebay with seized engines.
    I have read somewhere that Fiat fixed this problem but only after a certain year, being that Vauxhall stopped using this engine after 2015
    I was just wondering how true that is. if anyone could shed any light on this I would sleep better at night : Thanks

I have heard this can happen on early facelift.

Comment

Others will confirm

Comment

Im sure its up till 2013

Comment

I believe the 2014 onwards with Addblue aren't affected it's a different engine, GM all aluminium engine I believe.

Comment

adblue came out on insignia mid/late 2015 I believe
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              adblue came out on insignia mid/late 2015 I believe
              I'm thinking probably late 64 plate so yeah 2015

Comment

Think I should have spent a bit more and bought the 65 plate sat next to it when I went to have a look,
                thought they had improved the seal, obviously not. but the car is brilliant, I will just include a seal change at some point in the next couple of years.
                All engines seem to have a failure point some worse than this, at least this is an easy fix, providing its caught in time.

Comment

Hellos Seanio, if you get the "message of doom " *****Low oil pressure stop car **** on start up then you know its way past time to get it replaced
                  Though I use to get that with mine , but only if the ****risk of ice ***** message came up as well .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Mine only comes on when it’s freezing. Think it’s probably to do with the seal harding with the cold. If it comes on i turn it off and on again and it doesn’t come back on

Comment

I would change the seal ASAP if it's not even to late now and start saving money on new engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                        Mine only comes on when it’s freezing. Think it’s probably to do with the seal harding with the cold. If it comes on i turn it off and on again and it doesn’t come back on
                        Christ on a bike change it now. The engine will seize without warning. That's the classic symptom, on start up in cold weather with the oil cold and thick, the crack in the seal/gap in the seal, lets air into the oil pump pick up pipe as the oil is sucked from the sump, triggering the low oil pressure light, after half a second (and I mean half a second) the oil pump mixes the oil and air forming an 'emulsion' which is thick enough to cancel the low oil pressure warning, but not enough to provide adequate lubrication (as its a oil/air mix) to the crank bearings. It happened to me. I got her TOWED the first time the oil pressure light came on with the seal replaced and no issues since. Turning it on and off is only fooling the engine and yourself. My advice, for what its worth, is Get it changed ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          Christ on a bike change it now. The engine will seize without warning. That's the classic symptom, on start up in cold weather with the oil cold and thick, the crack in the seal/gap in the seal, lets air into the oil pump pick up pipe as the oil is sucked from the sump, triggering the low oil pressure light, after half a second (and I mean half a second) the oil pump mixes the oil and air forming an 'emulsion' which is thick enough to cancel the low oil pressure warning, but not enough to provide adequate lubrication (as its a oil/air mix) to the crank bearings. It happened to me. I got her TOWED the first time the oil pressure light came on with the seal replaced and no issues since. Turning it on and off is only fooling the engine and yourself. My advice, for what its worth, is Get it changed ASAP.
                          I never knew that. Will get it done asap thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X