Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytime Running Lights

Hi All,

I bought my Insignia about 6 months ago, the dealer I bought it off replaced the nearside headlight unit as the previous one had water in it. About 2 weeks ago I had a warning on the dash to tell me to check the nearside DRL, I went to get the bulb changed to be told that the bulb in currently had melted! They attempted to get this one out and replace it but the bulb broke and fell into the headlight unit, but they got a new one and it worked so I thought great all is normal! (Minus half a bulb now taking residence in the headlight unit) the new bulb lasted a grand total of 2 days before also melting. I took it to a garage who checked all the fuses and told me it was fine and likely down to the actual headlight unit because the prt that holds the bulb has apparently melted!? Has anybody else experienced anything like this at all? I’m currently pestering the dealer I got the car from to hopefully get a resolution but wondered if anybody had any tips to fix this issue?

Cheers 👍🏼

yep sounds like a faulty headlight unit. i've heard stories of bulbs melting but only when people have been using higher wattage bulbs or really cheap ones

Comment

Slightly off topic and sounds like a stupid question but I have a 2lt Insignia and the Automatic light control switch is on auto and I can't get it to stay on 0(zero) ?

Comment

Do you mean the switch is broken?
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by danbreen View Post
          Slightly off topic and sounds like a stupid question but I have a 2lt Insignia and the Automatic light control switch is on auto and I can't get it to stay on 0(zero) ?
          its not meant to stop on 0,it springs back to the auto position
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Seems strange that I would not have the option to not have it on auto.

Comment

Originally posted by danbreen View Post
              Seems strange that I would not have the option to not have it on auto.
              one twist to the left will knock the auto function off,and another to turn it back on.but will default back to auto lights every start up
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
              X