Booked the car I to the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booked the car I to the garage

Bit the bullet and booked in the car for a complete gearbox rebuild I have to leave it with them for 2 days but cant wait to feel the results. It whines in 5th and 6th not bad but audible but also chatters a bit on tick over also a very tiny bit notchy if I go from 1st to 2nd quickly. They are going to strip and rebuild the box and fit new clutch,dmas flywheel and bearing (I'm supplying)
    All for £650. I know I could have gone to a place that just removes the housing with the box still in the car but feel like that's only doing half the job and they wouldn't be touching the diff.
    Will let you know the results next week

Expressly tell them to change all bearings, not just worn ones

Comment

Well not good news I had a phone call from garage Wednesday to say when the took gearbox out there was deep scoring in the bell housing nearly to the point of seeing daylight so said the had another from an old box they could fit also to tell me whoever had taken the box out before me had only put 2 bolts instead of 3 in the release bearing and a few bolts from the bell housing were lose, anyway I went round the garage this morning and they were just finishing bolting it back together but not ready to collect so said I would await there phone call which I got this afternoon to say when they started it up it was making funny noises and was I sure the new DMF and clutch I supplied the correct ones , anyway I went round to the garage and basically on tick over without the clutch pressed it was noisy but went quiet when the clutch was pressed down anyone had anything similar as Its worse now than when it went in as it was only a slight whine in 5th and 6th

Comment

Hoooooo dear . what sort of noise is it .a slight knocking noise ? .or a sound like a monkey with its tally wackle caught in a mangle ? .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ok got my car back today, the problem was that the pressure plate was to deep and was scoring the bell housing this was a new part brought from a motor factor so I brought a new clutch kit from Vauxhall the guys fitted it and all is good job done

Comment

Working...
          X