Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice for Insignia 1.6 eco flex 2016

Hi,

I have fault code consistently on the system(P2598 Turbo Vane positioning performance low).

I have changed the turbo, Solenoid valve and glow plugs, after installation clear everything turnoff the engine and turn it back on the same code comes up.

Due to high mileage the warranty expires.

Would be really kind if someone could give advise.

Kind regards

Sorry,
    I am new to this by mistake put this post here.
    Kind regards

Comment

Hello Seeshan
      P 2564 refers to the Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor Circuit (low voltage)

Unless it has been confirmed a sensor fault by testing it could just as easily easily be a problem with the 5v reference feed or short open circuit or high resistance on the signal circuit.
      I'm not familiar with this engine but the description of the sensor is
      Circuit/System Description

The turbocharger vane position sensor is mounted on the turbo charger vacuum actuator. A 5 V reference voltage and a low reference is supplied to the turbocharger vane position sensor. The sensor provides a signal to the engine control module (ECM) with the actual turbocharger control rod position.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
      The ECM detects a short to ground or a short to Voltage for more than 1 s.
      from what i can make out, as far as GM are concerned the sensor only comes as part of a complete turbo assembly
      Or you could have water or condensation in the sensor plug .
      What kind of fault code reader are you using ?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks Lizzar-t:

The fault code P2598 comes up on different code readers. We have checked the voltage they are correct.

Kind regards

Comment

When you say you have changed the turbo was this for a new one or a second hand one? As sounds like the electric control on the turbo but they come set from factory on new units.

Comment

Thanks Bloggy for replying. It’s refurbished turbo.

Comment

Have you tried some VNT cleaner spray ?
              They could be stuck
              You can normally move the VNT actuator too see if the VNT is moving,
              Or if you have a small pressure pump you can connect that to the positive side of the actuator to see if the VNT moves .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks Lizzard-T, the actuator work fine. I may check all the pipes again then will see what happen.
                Kind regards

Comment

Help!

Hi all, I'm new here and didnt know how to create my own thread, I have a insignia 2016 sri 136 I had my car serviced today and it started making some horrible tapping noises so I took it to vauxhall themselves and they diagnosed a timing chain tensioner issue and told me not to drive the car. And that it's going to cost in the region of 1500 to put right. The car has done 68000 miles serviced at regular intervals always kept up with tyres brakes and what not. I dont understand my dad suggested I turn to some forums to find out if this is a common fault with my model or insignia in general any reply would be helpful. Thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by Insigniaowner1 View Post
                    Hi all, I'm new here and didnt know how to create my own thread, I have a insignia 2016 sri 136 I had my car serviced today and it started making some horrible tapping noises so I took it to vauxhall themselves and they diagnosed a timing chain tensioner issue and told me not to drive the car. And that it's going to cost in the region of 1500 to put right. The car has done 68000 miles serviced at regular intervals always kept up with tyres brakes and what not. I dont understand my dad suggested I turn to some forums to find out if this is a common fault with my model or insignia in general any reply would be helpful. Thanks you
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Wont see him again

Comment

Working...
                      X