Grand Sport Headlight Condensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport Headlight Condensation

Does anyone else have a headlight that condensates like these pictures after rain? After the recent rain my nearside headlight looks like below and is only slowly clearing. I know it mentions in the owners manual you can get condensation in the headlights, but this looks a bit excessive

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	249075

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	249076

does seem a lot,,take it back to vx,,,or try some silica gel pouches inside of it
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy67 View Post
      Does anyone else have a headlight that condensates like these pictures after rain? After the recent rain my nearside headlight looks like below and is only slowly clearing. I know it mentions in the owners manual you can get condensation in the headlights, but this looks a bit excessive

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1530[/ATTACH]
      We Had it on brand new SLK 3 days after taking delivery, took it back, they fitted som breathers which helped vastly but still did it every now and then, I now read on another forum that Mercedes have now stopped accepting any responsibility saying its normal obviously its costing them two much in warranty claims. For me yes it will dry out but over a period of time the glass inside would get dirty just the same as a double glazing unit when seals have gone.

Comment

All four of mine mist up (front and rear) but nowhere near as bad as that.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yikes, that's bad.. Take it back and whinge, make a nuisance of yourself until they do something about it... The AFLs on our 2014 have no condensation at all, or in any lights, never had it in our vecs and signums AFLs either..

Comment

I do get some condensation in the lights as the manual says but at that level j would be taking it back. That seems a extreme level of condensation assume you checked the covers have sealed properly on them

Comment

The seals look fine, and there is no damage to the lens that I can see, the offside light is fine and does not condensate at all

Comment

Looks like back to VX dealer, sure they will be glad to see me again

Comment

Spoke to local VX dealer today, apparently Vauxhall released a bulletin that headlights with condensation are not covered by warranty. Have sent the pictures to Vauxhall as I think i have a bit more than normal condensation.

Comment

No suprise I suppose. Technically it does say in manual. But like you say yours look worse than what I have seen in my insignia and previous vauxhalls.

Comment

Even if there's no warranty consumer rights act still applies, products must be fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality
                      a headlight housing with that level of condensation will reduce light output therefore not fit for purpose and it happening to a new car is not satisfactory quality
                      warranty or not they will have to replace it for free unless they can prove that you have damaged it

Comment

that looks too excessive, mine does mist up a touch, but never to make the water / condensation bead!!

Comment

Vauxhall have asked for it to be inspected at a dealer, will see what they say. After the hot weather this weekend it has now at last cleared, but at least I have pictures to show the dealer how bad it gets.

Comment

New headlight fitted today under warranty

Comment

Result

Comment

Working...
                              X