MAP sensor P0106 code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP sensor P0106 code

Has anyone experienced the P0106 code, which is linked to the MAP sensor? I've read the codes a couple of times & cleared them, but it eventually comes back. Not really noticed any change in driveability or fuel consumption & the MIL light hasn't come on, nor the Service Vehicle Soon message!

I'm looking to replace the MAP sensor as its the cheapest & easiest thing to do, plus clean the MAF sensor (if I've got one!) with a good spray of electrical contact cleaner.

Anyone any other thoughts or experiences?

Much appreciated.

I have cleaned them before and got by for while. i found that once they strat to go cleaning them can be hit and miss. When replacing a MAF always go Genuine or OEM, pattern part MAFs are a false economy as many find they are lower quality and fail in a few months; some say the ECU has issues communicating with them and you just get more issues.. I once wasted my money on a cheaper one only to have to go buy a genuine one which resolved the issue straight away...

you probably know all that already...

Comment

Wasn't going for a cheap MAP sensor, the Bosch ones are between £25-£30. I wouldn't bother cleaning it at that price.

As for the MAF sensor, I had trouble with the one on my Vectra just before I traded it in for the Insignia, despite cleaning it, probably down to a light film of oil from the K&N filter I had on that, possibly the same issue on my Insignia as I've got a K&N on that.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
        Wasn't going for a cheap MAP sensor, the Bosch ones are between £25-£30. I wouldn't bother cleaning it at that price.

As for the MAF sensor, I had trouble with the one on my Vectra just before I traded it in for the Insignia, despite cleaning it, probably down to a light film of oil from the K&N filter I had on that, possibly the same issue on my Insignia as I've got a K&N on that.
        yeah soz my bad, meant MAP not MAF, MAPs are easier to clean as you know..

Comment

Working...
        X