Android Auto is disconecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Auto is disconecting

I have a brand new Opel Insignia B with Navi 900 Intellink and Android Auto is not working properly.
    It is disconnecting randomly, sometimes 10 times in 3 minutes, sometimes it is working 3-4 hours.
    I tried a bunch of cables, no change.
    I have a Samsung S8 Plus and my wife has a Samsung S7 Edge, and I get the same behavior with both phones.
    On the other hand, I testes my phone with 3 different cars (Honda Civic, VW Golf, Alfa Romeo Giulia) and Android Auto is working fine.
    I asked my dealer about this issue and they said that Android Auto is not officially supported in my country (Romania) and they cannot do anything.

Have you encountered this problem ? Any advice ?
    Thanks a lot !

Originally posted by Draculica View Post
    I have a brand new Opel Insignia B with Navi 900 Intellink and Android Auto is not working properly.
    It is disconnecting randomly, sometimes 10 times in 3 minutes, sometimes it is working 3-4 hours.
    I tried a bunch of cables, no change.
    I have a Samsung S8 Plus and my wife has a Samsung S7 Edge, and I get the same behavior with both phones.
    On the other hand, I testes my phone with 3 different cars (Honda Civic, VW Golf, Alfa Romeo Giulia) and Android Auto is working fine.
    I asked my dealer about this issue and they said that Android Auto is not officially supported in my country (Romania) and they cannot do anything.

Have you encountered this problem ? Any advice ?
    Thanks a lot !
    Well you have tried two phones with same problem, and your phone with three cars and have no problem. I would have to say its a faulty /loose USB socket. Have you tried maybe fitting a USB hub and securing the USB somehow in the socket. Maybe some strong tape etc to stop it moving. Then plug your phone cable into the hub and see what happens.

Also do you get same problems if you have a USB stick plugged in with music on etc.

Could always reset navi 900, and reinstall AA and see what happens.

When I tried a cheap USB 2 hub, sometimes one item would cut out another, eg USB stick would work but phone would disconnect. USB 3 hub ended that issue.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks so much for your response.
      I have 2 USB ports and a SD card slot (for navigation) so I don't think I need a USB hub. In one port I have a stick with music and in the other one the cable for the phone.
      Music is always running, never disconnected (I have mostly FLAC files). I switched the ports, the same, music is fine, AA not.
      I reinstalled AA maybe 20 times, with different versions from November 2018 until latest. No visible results.
      But I have never reset navi system, I'll have to try that also.

Comment

Also flacs are very high quality, big file sizes, have you tried AA with USB stick removed? Maybe it's taking to much of the system resources.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes, I tried with only AA with just Waze opened. Same isuue.

Comment

Some updates to my issue.
            I have tried an Iphone with ios 12 for several hours and it is working fine, no disconects.
            Maybe the problem is the implementation of android auto for the head unit ? And if this is the case, why there are not another customers complainig about this issue ? I asked at my car dealer and thay said nobody else came to them with this problem. I don't know what to do anymore....

Comment

Have you ticked the box in settings in AA to try the new version. Massive update, works so much better now. Also did you try resetting your head unit and phone. Start from scratch.

Comment

Yes, I am on the new version of AA. No significant change. Last thing, before going back to the dealer, is to buy an Anker usb cord, some people on reddit says that fixed the issue for them.
                Offtopic: you mentioned USB Hub. Can I use it to plug 2 or 3 usb sticks with music ? Will the interface show me all sticks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Draculica View Post
                  Yes, I am on the new version of AA. No significant change. Last thing, before going back to the dealer, is to buy an Anker usb cord, some people on reddit says that fixed the issue for them.
                  Offtopic: you mentioned USB Hub. Can I use it to plug 2 or 3 usb sticks with music ? Will the interface show me all sticks ?
                  Press media button to scroll through USB sticks

Comment

I have the same issue with my OnePlus3 phone and my 2019 Insignia SRi. I sometimes get random disconnects but other times it'll remain connected for hours on end. I have not found a way of reliably resetting it either, I've tried powering down both the phone and the car. I have my suspicions about the cable or the USB connection in the driver's arm rest. Will post again if I come to a conclusion.

Comment

Did you have any luck with issue? I'm having the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X