Power steering pump/pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering pump/pipe

Hi first time poster, I`m trying to find out if the price at a garage is the going rate, I've been quoted the following, it appears the pipe has got a leak, the steering is still working to a degree so I`m assuming the pump is still working, but it has been noisy when turning the wheel

Pump and pipe £620
    Pipe £290

Thanks in advance.

If air is getting into the system due to the pipe leaking, it'll make the pump noisy. I wouldn't necessarily change the pump until after you've replaced the pipe, properly bled the system, and verified the pump is still noisy.

I replaced the pump and pipe on my old 1.8 SRi. I bought and fitted the parts myself, and from memory I paid about £150 for the pump, and about £80 for the pipe. (Bought from genuinepartsearch/Autovaux). Based on that, I'd say you were being quoted rather more than it should be.

Also, you may have some grounds to make a claim against Vauxhall regarding the pipe, as it is a well documented fault that it corrodes and leaks. I know some folk have had this replaced free of charge as a warranty repair.

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

The old girl has the same leak i wonder what my chances of getting it under warranty [emoji23][emoji23] anybody no best place to get pipe is it a Vauxhall part

Comment

Working...
        X