Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Grand Sport Keyless lock/unlock issue

Hi all,
    Looking for thoughts/opinions/experiences before I go to the dealer.
    Has anyone else had problems with the lock/unlock buttons on the outer door handles? Only the rear ones work on my car, when I press either front button it does nothing. Is there a setting that I don’t know about?
    Thanks in advance.

The buttons may be a little stiff. Have you tried pressing them a little firmer.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I've had no issues with mine, I'm not aware of an option to disable them.

Comment

There is no setting to disable the buttons, and any of the four should work, as they all do on mine.

Comment

Yeah deffo no option to turn them off. If it had been one not working I'd have said give the button a good spray with contact cleaner in case road grime or cleaning products like wax have gotten behind.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

No such problems on the latest Grand Sport, I took delivery of my new SRI NAV 1.5Turbo yesterday, was looking forward to all the latest. Got in the car to be met with an ignition barrel, no keyless stop start. No twin USB ports in the rear. No facility on the latest infotainment system, to set up 2 users as is advertised, Oh by the way, still advertising keyless stop start, and twin USB ports.
            Dealer is blaming Puegeot for all the changes, they even have the cheek to charge £100.00 more.
            Last time with a Vauxhall, this is my second Insignia, ordered it in beginning of May for delivery in July. Called in end of June for an update, got told it was stuck at a port in England and customs were refusing to release it, but wouldn't give a reason .
            A few days later got an email saying congrats on ordering a new Insignia. A few days after that another email to say car was due to begin production 19th August.
            Finally arrived on Monday 09/9/19, told it would be ready for collection Wed 11/09/19 at 10 am, turn up not ready, had to call back in afternoon to collect car.
            Imagine my disappointment when I got it and found all these things missing from it.

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
              No such problems on the latest Grand Sport, I took delivery of my new SRI NAV 1.5Turbo yesterday, was looking forward to all the latest. Got in the car to be met with an ignition barrel, no keyless stop start. No twin USB ports in the rear. No facility on the latest infotainment system, to set up 2 users as is advertised, Oh by the way, still advertising keyless stop start, and twin USB ports.
              Dealer is blaming Puegeot for all the changes, they even have the cheek to charge £100.00 more.
              Last time with a Vauxhall, this is my second Insignia, ordered it in beginning of May for delivery in July. Called in end of June for an update, got told it was stuck at a port in England and customs were refusing to release it, but wouldn't give a reason .
              A few days later got an email saying congrats on ordering a new Insignia. A few days after that another email to say car was due to begin production 19th August.
              Finally arrived on Monday 09/9/19, told it would be ready for collection Wed 11/09/19 at 10 am, turn up not ready, had to call back in afternoon to collect car.
              Imagine my disappointment when I got it and found all these things missing from it.
              It's penny pinching....the Sri is a higher model so should come with those things as standard. Sadly even the elites come with option boxes now.

They're bragging prices have come down but not really when standard equipment once on a model has now become optional extras.

Still a great car though with lots of safety features.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi. Did you find an answer to this as mine has the same problem. Drivers door sensor does not open the car all the others work fine. thanks.

Comment

Doesn't none of the doors open, or only the driver side? It's an option to only the driver side and requires a second push to open all of the doors. Pressing the button on a different door will open all of them.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't describe it properly. The fob works fine. It is the button on the drivers door that no longer works to open/lock the car. All other buttons work perfectly. The fob has a new battery. Occasionally it tell me that there is no key present when I go to start the car. Thanks again.

Comment

Have you got Keyless entery ?If not I would suggest starting your own thread as your issue will get lost in this old thread ,
                      which is about Keyless Entery.
                      And then the answers we give you will be wrong and it won't help others .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes it is keyless which is why I asked the OP if he had found what the problem is. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TehPriest View Post
                          Yes it is keyless which is why I asked the OP if he had found what the problem is. Thanks.
                          I didn’t get round to taking it back to the dealer before it was due a service and the buttons mysteriously started working about 6 weeks after my original post so I didn’t bother looking into the issue any further. The button on the drivers door stopped working again towards the end of last year but now works as it should.
                          If it stops again I might look into it but it’s not been high on my list of priorities.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TehPriest View Post
                              Hi. Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't describe it properly. The fob works fine. It is the button on the drivers door that no longer works to open/lock the car. All other buttons work perfectly. The fob has a new battery. Occasionally it tell me that there is no key present when I go to start the car. Thanks again.
                              Mine started doing that and it was the battery in the fob. Did you get a decent replacement? Also have you tried your other fob for a few days to see if you have the same issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X