Sat Nav update question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav update question.

I have a 09 plate Insignia nav which still has original maps. If I buy an update cd does the update also bring the user interface and user experience into the 21st century? Things that I take for granted on my Tom Tom like postcode search, road speed limits and speed cameras, and proper 3d maps - does an upgrade give you these, or is it just an up to date map we get after forking out nearly a hundred quid?

I'm sure you can get one on ebay, for a lot cheaper than that. I'm sure I've read that you can add a postcode already either in street or town.

Have a look at heremaps and have a look at the added features with the latest update.

Comment

Originally posted by Odd Job View Post
      I have a 09 plate Insignia nav which still has original maps. If I buy an update cd does the update also bring the user interface and user experience into the 21st century? Things that I take for granted on my Tom Tom like postcode search, road speed limits and speed cameras, and proper 3d maps - does an upgrade give you these, or is it just an up to date map we get after forking out nearly a hundred quid?
      What nav system do you have?

When I had my insignia, I had the CD500 Navi and changed the firmware to DVD800 so I could get 3D maps. I was always able to use postcode navigation in the city box.

Lots of info on changing and customising the preface navi’s on here.

Hope this helps.

Comment

you can get the updates on ebay or from the map makers here https://here.navigation.com/europe/ it will only update the maps but nothing else

Comment

Working...
        X