Reduced Power, Reduce Clutch Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Power, Reduce Clutch Use

I purchased my 2018 Grand Sport tourer in Feb this year. Since owning in 5th and 6th gear if I apply slightly harder acceleration I lose power briefly with the error message of ‘Reduced Power, Reduce Clutch Use’. This can be whilst driving along the motorway where I haven’t had to change gear for sometime.
    I’ve noticed that this also occurs whilst in 3rd or 4th, again this is with harder than usual acceleration such as on a short slip road onto the motorway.
    I’m led to believe that this is a clutch issue whereby a new clutch might be needed however my dealer has stated that they will need to strip my gearbox to diagnose. They’ve quoted me £940 just for this stating it may not be covered under warranty. They also need my car for up to 1 month.
    Clearly I would hope this would be covered under warranty.
    Has anyone else had this issue?? If so how was it resolved??
    With the threat of a huge cost I’m half tempted to just live with it but surely this should be covered under warranty.

Mine showed exactly the same symptoms, 9K under a year old. You've already found the other thread, print it out, all of it, and take it to the dealer.
    I think it depends on the dealers attitude as well. In my case I got a replacement clutch fitted fairly easily.

Don't just live with it, it may die completely.

Comment

Working...
    X