X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel dilemma

Hi guys
    Looking for some advice.

My atomics go on Tuesday to be refurbed.

So......do I get the painted parts done the same colour or do I change them to black or something else????

Any help/advice/pictures would be appreciated.

Regards

Rab.....

Personally I hate black wheels, but a black inset with silver outers look nice.. My son has graphite wheels on his brand new fiesta s line. I think they look crap. But at the end of the day, it's down to personal preference..

2011. 2.0 diesel SRI VX LINE Nav

Comment

Go for the same colour rab, or put the 20s back on
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
        Personally I hate black wheels, but a black inset with silver outers look nice.. My son has graphite wheels on his brand new fiesta s line. I think they look crap. But at the end of the day, it's down to personal preference..

2011. 2.0 diesel SRI VX LINE Nav
        It's not all black ......it's the gunmetal/grey parts I'm talking about.
        I'm same as you bud....hate black wheels....be just as well having structure wheels without trims on the car....look just the same as black.

The wheels are being diamond cut, it's the inners that I'm thinking of changing but unsure as to which colour.

Comment

Go BLACK!​ Looks nice on a red car.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Go for the same colour rab, or put the 20s back on
            The 20's are sold Dave.....so I'm biting the bullet and getting the atomics done.....was thinking of black or red tbh

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Go BLACK!​ Looks nice on a red car.
              Really????
              I've never seen it done that way

Comment

Grandsport 20"s are diamond cut with black, I prefer stock or silver, but then I'm not keen on modded cars unless it looks factory. The Atomics are an odd graphite grey brown colour, rather nice and still my favourite wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                  Grandsport 20"s are diamond cut with black, I prefer stock or silver, but then I'm not keen on modded cars unless it looks factory. The Atomics are an odd graphite grey brown colour, rather nice and still my favourite wheel.
                  If he can colour match them, then it'll be stock....I just thought if I got them a different colour then it would stand out a wee bit ...but, then again, it might not look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    If he can colour match them, then it'll be stock....I just thought if I got them a different colour then it would stand out a wee bit ...but, then again, it might not look nice.
                    The atomics that came with my facelift A had been ... buggered, by the dealer with a naff refurb, so I took mine into Hull's finest (supposedly) and we went 50/50 on the professional refurb. Came out looking fab, but the insert colour was much lighter. Wasn't overly bothered though. But after only 4 months - all 4 wheels begain failing with laquer lifting and corroding in the same areas on every wheel. They shrugged their shoulders and pointed out to me that they only give 3 month warranty on DC wheels. So as the car was 18 months old, I complained to VX about the wheels and they gave me a full new set under warranty!! these are still on the car now, having covered a good 60k miles in 3.5 years and look s new as the day I got them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                      The atomics that came with my facelift A had been ... buggered, by the dealer with a naff refurb, so I took mine into Hull's finest (supposedly) and we went 50/50 on the professional refurb. Came out looking fab, but the insert colour was much lighter. Wasn't overly bothered though. But after only 4 months - all 4 wheels begain failing with laquer lifting and corroding in the same areas on every wheel. They shrugged their shoulders and pointed out to me that they only give 3 month warranty on DC wheels. So as the car was 18 months old, I complained to VX about the wheels and they gave me a full new set under warranty!! these are still on the car now, having covered a good 60k miles in 3.5 years and look s new as the day I got them.
                      Ahhhh.....I can remember reading that on VEC C forum......so, am I better getting then powder coated in silver then getting the inserts painted separately???

Comment

RBH
                        I've been bitten once, however, 2 years later, someone recommended the company on Facebook, so I thought I'd leave a review. The owner private messaged me saying he was unaware of the issues I had with them, and was appalled of the shoulder shrugging given when I wanted it resolving - basically I'd have to pay again, and most likely go silver all over as the wheels were refurbed to their limit. I gave him the dates and my registration and he said at that time they were having problems with the equipment / ovens or something, and gave me a full refund - so I was just short of £200 up and had a free set of new wheels from VX as I didn't pass the refund onto the dealer!

so - depends on the company I suppose, how long will they guarantee the work for, have they had any problems with refurbs coming back in? I dare say I was just unlucky, but as it mills a chuck off the face of the wheel when it's cut, the radius bead around the wheel edge disappears and becomes a sharper edge.

Comment

Feck....too little too late eh.

My wheels haven't been done before....do they're virgins .

The company get a really good name.
                          They're one of the best ones up here.
                          Guarantee.....no idea, I'll ask that on Tuesday, before I hand them over and answer dependant.......if he gets to do the job.
                          It's costing me £90 a wheel.

Comment

Paragon Wheels Ltd, Glasgow, United Kingdom. 3,078 likes · 900 talking about this · 28 were here. Alloy wheel refurbishment

I don't do faceache.....but here's the place.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/cat...wheels/photos/

I don't do faceache.....but here's the place.
                              they look pretty good to be fair,.. I was probably just unlucky - £90 good fair price

Comment

Working...
                              X